Schwalbe or Continental?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
I switched from 25c Panaracer Pasella to 25c Vittoria Randonneur for road rides on 24/11

46551372962_ed20b540bb_b.jpg

Randonneur - roll ok, good puncture protection, can usually buy them for less than £15 a tyre

Randonneur Trail - good puncture protection, slower rolling but ok for loaded touring when using rougher roads and broken trails - cost me less than £15 a tyre

Adventure Trail - good puncture protection with re-inforced sidewalls, faster rolling than Randonneur Trail because of centre tread design and chunky edges grip when cornering on gravel. Can be used tubeless. Bought these for trail/gravel riding on my Cross-Check after ripping the side walls on 3 WTB Nanos over a few months in the summer on Isle of Lewis trails they've been on the bike since early October with no problems. Cost about £25 each. I don't usually use this bike on the road but it is the only bike I've brought south with me for Xmas. I've put up some fast times on the Mabie Forest Trails over the last few weeks but have been aware of the drag (a few kph slower average over 40km) when I've used the bike on the road).

There are too many contradictions and vague measurements in your reasoning. I think you are post hoc rationalising your tyre choices.

iandg

Legendary Member
There are too many contradictions and vague measurements in your reasoning. I think you are post hoc rationalising your tyre choices.

Maybe or maybe not, experience and evidence shows it works for me, many years experience under the wheels. I know when my bike feels right.

Post hoc rationalisation? Yes, 'my thinking' (to quote your response to my initial comment) is based on my experience. Be a bit pointless otherwise wouldn't it.

Postprandial edit. ;)

Last edited:
I think I have some randonneurs around. Seem to remember I rode them birmingham to london and all seemed fine. Fitted them on a bike as I wanted new tyres for the ride. Will check in next few days.

Thanks for the posts wickerman.

Top Bottom