Sciatica

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
It's back again this week, but 10 times as bad. Driving to work is murder and I can sit down comfortably anywhere. Ibuprofen gel is relieving the symptoms somewhat.

Ugh sciatica! I know how you feel guys. I thought I had it one week before I went for a holiday near Glen Coe. I was walking every day, but as the week went on I couldn't walk up slight inclines. Got home a week later on a saturday, slept ok that night. Sunday ok too. But once Monday arrived, I couldn't roll over to get out of bed because I was in so much agony. Finally got up, had my breakfast and drove to work. Parked the car, and I walked in baby steps in to work. Climbed some stairs....then went to the office (while nearly in tears!) and said I was going home........Went to the docs and he referred me to a physiotherapist. The day came and the physio couldn't do anything because I was that bad! So then I went to the physio at hospital. The physio there said to do some exercises which helped. Plus plenty of walking was needed..........it went away eventually.

Can't remember what painkillers I took, maybe co-codamol and ibuprofen.

This year I had a slight twinge, but went away quickly.

It was a trapped nerve in my thigh joint.

Top Bottom