[Scotch Whisky Blather] In praise of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Glenmorangie - The Quinta Ruban

Inverted whisky snobbery made me hold off until now. But the price in the so-called duty free shop at Gatwick vs the price of cooking whisky in a Danish hotel bar vs the shame (& the eye-watering expense) of buying spirits in System Bolaget in sthlm won me over.

I've really been missing out. It really is as delicious as they say. (And goes great with a Daim bar)

Idiot.

Last edited:

Fubar

Guru
Glenmorangie - The Quinta Ruban

Inverted whisky snobbery made me hold off until now. But the price in the ao-called duty free shop at Gatwick vs the price of cooking whisky in a Danish hotel bar va the shame (& the eye-watering expense) of buying spirits in System Bolaget in sthlm won me over.

I've really been missing out. It really is as delicious as they say. (And goes great with a Daim bar)

Idiot.

Ashamed to say I'm scottish and don't like whisky :blush:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've been through a couple of bottles of Glenlivet Founders Reserve recently, £20 in Sainsburys, very drinkable indeed for the price.
I have just bought a bottle of this from Costco...........£4.00 off.........its very nice :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ashamed to say I'm scottish and don't like whisky :blush:
Brought some single malt back from my Scotlandshire tour in the summer to share with my friends, only to discover to my amazement - for both are righteous dudes of generally impeccable taste - that neither can stand the stuff.

snorri

Legendary Member
Brought some single malt back from my Scotlandshire tour in the summer to share with my friends, only to discover to my amazement - for both are righteous dudes of generally impeccable taste - that neither can stand the stuff.
.....................but every malt is different, you should not have been amazed that your friends did not appreciate your gift.. We would not buy a book for a booklover without some research into the type of book that would be appreciated:smile:.

Top Bottom