Scotland end to end, 500 miles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
For the information of @User9609 and anyone else who might be feeling charitable :okay:.....

Starting on Saturday 8th September I will be attempting to (no, I WILL be...) riding from the south western point of Scotland at Mull of Galloway lighthouse, for the 466 mile route to John o' Groats. Time allowed is 7 days, so due to reach JoG on Friday 14th.. Overnight stops will be at Ayr, Stirling, Pitlochry, Boat of Garten, Tain, and Bettyhill. The route is on RWGPS.

The reason for trying to raise funds is that I am an employee of a local care home, and a community group is raising funds for trishaw cycles to be supplied by Cycling Without Age Scotland. It is hoped that these trishaws will bring some extra freedom and opportunities to enjoy the outdoors for elderly residents of our community and in particular those who are residents in our local care homes.

Please note that unlike some fundraisers, this one will NOT be an all expenses paid jolly. All fares to the start and from the finish, as well as accommodation, are self funded - so any money raised goes exactly where it should.

Anyone feeling charitable? Any donations will of course be welcome, no matter the amount. Please follow the link below.....
https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/cyclingwithoutagefairlie

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Looking forward to hearing about it.

13 rider

Guru
Good luck hope it dosnt rain . Which is fairly rare in Scotland :laugh: but can happen :rain:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
More thanks are due today - @Crackle and @User9609 , thanks very much to you both for bringing me ever closer to their fudraiser's fantasy target of £8000 :laugh:. I'm assuming that is the target of ALL their fundraising activities, and not just my ride :ohmy:.

ETA..... Thanks also to @bruce1530 ; your generosity is most welcome :okay:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom