Scotrail.. Kicked of the train for no reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

User3143 said:
+1 How's your appeal for your parking ticket coming along Bonj? ;)

they're still navel gazing over it - but i will win it, because i didn't break any rules.

Bman

Guru
Having worked in Customer Services for quite a few years :

Yes, the guard should have given her name! Or at least a firstname, train number etc.

Secondly, the OP did comply with the rules, although only after being prompted by said "guard". He still complied.

Quite frankly, I would have waited for the police!

philr

complain bitches like that deserve it, besides she may already have a string of complaints and the management are building enough evidence to kick her into touch. what a nice thought that would be !!

bonj2

philr said:
complain bitches like that deserve it, besides she may already have a string of complaints and the management are building enough evidence to kick her into touch. what a nice thought that would be !!

I'll send a similar complaint if you like for a tenner.

philr

good point, how many members do we have at this time !! that should ensure she is out of a job by end of the week. :biggrin:

wicked i know but she deserves it !!

Yes, the guard should have given her name! Or at least a firstname, train number etc.

I still think im within my rights not to give my name.

OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
Ok a few points to point out... I was travelling from Glasgow Queen Street - Greenfaulds (Cumbernauld)

@ gavintc & Boni - I did hang my bike up, albeit after i POLITELY questioned her reasoning and this was before i asked her name. It was not until i asked for her details that she flipped and ordered me off the train. I had no real problems hanging my bike up apart from maybe breaking a few spokes again but if there is no consistency on this rule and you can travel for nearly 2 years without being asked to hang up your bike then obviously passengers are going to question it when asked.

I agree everyone has a job to do but she was in my eyes out of order I was not abusive or aggressive and i complied with her request - she on the other hand was abusive, aggressive in her manner, would not give me her name (if you read the Scotrail charter it says guards wear a name tag with there first name) she physically hid her name badge and also would not contact or advise me how to contact a senior manager plus she stood there and lied. I even asked if could go on the train to ask the 2 ladies sitting next to me if they would mind being witnesses as to what happened the Station manager said yes and she refused to let me back on the train.

What makes my laugh is when folk park there prams in the bike aisles which then partiality blocks the aisle and nothing is said and also said folk won't move there prams for bikes when we come on the train and it clearly says FOR BIKES.

@snorri - What's my avatar got to do with anything? Yes i am a big lad about 19 or 20 stone and i have calf's like babies heads but what has that got to do with anything?. I have previously worked in a customer service role i know how to act and i also know how she should have acted.

@hackbike 666 - I can 100% assure you i was not being aggressive or acted in anyway for her to feel intimidated, Trust me when i say if i was being aggressive she would have known. Her saying what she said was simply a get out clause she has abused to justify her actions.

skwerl

philr said:
good point, how many members do we have at this time !! that should ensure she is out of a job by end of the week. ;)

wicked i know but she deserves it !!

are you for real? she deserves to lose her job? **** off.

@hackbike 666 - I can 100% assure you i was not being aggressive or acted in anyway for her to feel intimidated, Trust me when i say if i was being aggressive she would have known. Her saying what she said was simply a get out clause she has abused to justify her actions.

I never said that.

I can see it from both sides and although im not supporting her actions,unfortunately this sort of thing happens from time to time.

I should think her managers would know what she is like.By all means complain if you want to.If there are enough complaints against her name then obviously there is a problem.

Bman

Guru
hackbike 666 said:
I still think im within my rights not to give my name.

Even working in a customer facing role with a name tag?

How would you feel if an Asda (or other supermarket) member of staff refused to show you their name?

I also believe if the police arrived, they would find it quite acceptable to give the passenger the guards name, before he complied with her wishes and left the train.

However, rnscotch. If you are as big as you say, maybe you were un-intentionally intimidating?

skwerl

User3143 said:

I'll re-phrase my original post, which was in reply to Philr suggesting we should all write in and complain to get her sacked:

"Are you for real? Are you seriously suggesting that she deserves to be sacked over this? That's a really shoot thing to do to someone over something pretty trivial."

Now, Lee, do you want to +1 that or not?

Punctuation can completely alter the context of a sentence. Hence the suggestion to read 'Eats shoots and leaves' (a book about punctuation)
http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cf...//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,_Shoots_&_Leaves

Bongman said:
Even working in a customer facing role with a name tag?

How would you feel if an Asda (or other supermarket) member of staff refused to show you their name?

I also believe if the police arrived, they would find it quite acceptable to give the passenger the guards name, before he complied with her wishes and left the train.

However, rnscotch. If you are as big as you say, maybe you were un-intentionally intimidating?

What about if member of staff feels threatened?

Why would you have to ask a Guards name as on my region they generally have a name tag.

skwerl

User3143 said:
Yes +1 to not writing in and getting the guard the sack.

Did you not see the :biggrin: at the end of my post-here it is again :rolleyes:

Touché! I tend to ignore emoticons. There's nothing about them in 'Eats shoots and leaves' so... ;) (that one's just for you)

Top Bottom