Member of a youth movement?

• Cub/Scout?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Boys Brigade?

• Brownie/Guide?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
tdr1nka said:
Join the club Fnaar, I never got my bronze arrow on account I was never able to make a scrapbook about the Royal Family.

Oh how I regret it now:rolleyes::biggrin:
Heh heh, ditto about the project on the Royals... if only I'd known the word republican then....
also, they questioned the authenticity of my "collection" for the collector badge... it was 6 toy cars picked up from bedroom floor on way out... my heart wasn't in it, see? ;)

Monst

Was in Cubs. Moved on to Scouts where myself and two others were 'invited' to leave following one to many 'visits' to the Girl Guides on the other side of town when we should have been doing 'proper' Scout stuff. A few years later at our school camp in Charmouth we responsible young adults used to spend hours on night raids trying to nick those bloody annoying bugles from the Boys Brigade camps next door, so much so that they had to keep an all night watch. Bastards used to blow revalie or whatever at stupid o clock. Not fair to us 15 year olds with hangovers. Anyone know why the Boys Brigade kept their bloody bugles in tents lit up like christmas trees, was this normal behaviour?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Fnaar said:
Heh heh, ditto about the project on the Royals... if only I'd known the word republican then....
also, they questioned the authenticity of my "collection" for the collector badge... it was 6 toy cars picked up from bedroom floor on way out... my heart wasn't in it, see? ;)

Well I'll be damned Fnaar, this is getting spooky.:biggrin:

The only badge I ever got at cubs was my 'hobbies' badge which was for a postcard collection.

We had lots of friends who went on exotic holidays and would send us postcards so I collected about 70 old postcards, the day before, and put them in a shoe box with cardboard dividers made from a Corn Flakes packet to show which countries they were from *YAWN*. ;)

Trillian

tdr1nka said:
Join the club Fnaar, I never got my bronze arrow on account I was never able to make a scrapbook about the Royal Family.

Oh how I regret it now:rolleyes::biggrin:

i never got it on account of it had been phased out by then,
had i switched packs a month earlier i'd have gotten it!

radger

Veteran
I was a guide
I was so uninterested and not bothered I got asked to leave, after making no effort to get any badges or anything.

When I was 16/17 I was a venture scout, but that was really an excuse to get p*ssed in the scout hut and smoke; we were the worst venture scouts ever

I was a top brownie (sixer, arm full of badges etc) but guides were just boring. We didn't do anything...I spent the rest of my youth free time in the local youth orchestra / brass band which was loads of fun.

Top Bottom