Screamer = Broken wing-mirror = face-kicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Cheers Grumpy, its not something I am proud of though, it just needed to be done, having had my car kicked, me and my cousin, plus the friend that stopped punched, my car booted, a mixture of blood and chips and gravy in my face, the driver of the Mini shoved his food right in my face as we went to go in the chippy, it was hot, then He punched me, didnt see it coming, his mates decided thatwas their cue to have a go as well, without any discussion, We werent too badly hurt, just a bit of bruising, more the shock and humiliation and the dent in the freshly sprayed rear quarter of my car.

Had they just ignored us or, god forbid, passed the time of day, had a chat, asked me about the car they would have met with enthusiasm to have said chat, a mutually enjoyable exchange, as it is, their jealous and violent streaks showed them for the little turdbags they were, my vindictive male pride then kicked in.

J4CKO said:
Yes, most of the time thats how I work, however I don't see where mutual respect has been shown here, contempt, cruelty, endangerment, aggression etc but Garilla was not offered a basic level of respect, treated as a play thing by idiots who were hoping to see him injured or at least scared, difficult to respect them, he reacted and then came off worse.

You get your own back in your own way with your videos and there are many different options to pursue before I get to the stage of damaging something or somebody but when you have taken a battering for no reason other than having a nice car (which also came in for some stick) then you do want to get some revenge, their car was worthless anyway.

The reason idiots like this behave as they do, they see cyclists as a soft touch, which we are generally, sometimes thinking their could be ramifications might help.

I know you arent going to agree with me, thats fine.

I pushed a wing mirror backwards on a car last night, no damage, it was totally blocking the pavement on a blind bend, just happened to catch it with my hip.

I was just pointing out that doing damage to someone else's property serves absolutely no purpose other than satisfying your own lust for revenge. I'm not having a go personally, but I just can condone that type of retribution. In my opinion (and I have been know to voice it occasionally) by taking revenge you lower yourself to the level of the ned/chav/whatever. You also open yourself up to the risks of getting caught etc.

Crankarm

Guru
Can every one please read this article as the cyclist knocked off a car door mirror, was chased and then deliberately rammed by the driver. The cyclist died from his injuries.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...maging-wing-mirror-court-told-92746-23432533/

Riding on the roads is not a game or worth getting into a petty squabble over on here. The roads are a dangerous enough place without courting trouble or seeking revenge. Think how many drivers have criminal records for assault/gbh or carry weapons or are high on something. You could bite off a lot more than you anticipate. Think of the distress your family and friends would be caused if you were killed when you could have avoided confrontation?

I am sure garilla regrets doing what he did. As Shaun said let his tale stand as a lesson to all cyclists should the red mist come down. You only need to be stabbed, beaten with base ball bats, shot to more than likely lose your life. Or they could find out where you live and burn your house down .............

As Magnatom says - get a head cam. Records everything and makes you a lot calmer.

Pride before a fall.

Safe riding.

magnatom said:
I was just pointing out that doing damage to someone else's property serves absolutely no purpose other than satisfying your own lust for revenge. I'm not having a go personally, but I just can condone that type of retribution. In my opinion (and I have been know to voice it occasionally) by taking revenge you lower yourself to the level of the ned/chav/Scally/whatever. You also open yourself up to the risks of getting caught etc.

Fixed.

Crankarm

Guru
magnatom said:
Ah. I am now an ED and not a NED! :rolleyes:

Mag - Aren't you FRSP or BScMed?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Twenty Inch said:
Oh well, at least I had the front (as Garilla did) to get physically involved, instead of winding people up through the safety of the internet. Now where's that ignore list?

Careful, you're not that different from Lee. You're both dirty rotten RLJers after all.

...and Lee is a decent chap and a pretty good rider in real life. Perhaps his comments were painfully harsh here, but he does have a fair point.

BentMikey said:
Careful, you're not that different from Lee. You're both dirty rotten RLJers after all.

...and Lee is a decent chap and a pretty good rider in real life. Perhaps his comments were painfully harsh here, but he does have a fair point.

Really. Well if he did he hid it well.

J4CKO

magnatom said:
I was just pointing out that doing damage to someone else's property serves absolutely no purpose other than satisfying your own lust for revenge. I'm not having a go personally, but I just can condone that type of retribution. In my opinion (and I have been know to voice it occasionally) by taking revenge you lower yourself to the level of the ned/chav/whatever. You also open yourself up to the risks of getting caught etc.

Correct on all counts, and I intend to never do that again but I can't commit to saying I wont depending on the situation, there are many other paths open that are more effective. I suppose if they dont know why its like rubbing the Dogs nose in it a week later.

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

There were many moments during this event where I or the occupants of the car could have made alternative decisions and events could have turned out differently.

Beyond the initial act of dangerous stupidity, the most significant moment, from my perspective, was when I arrived at their car and attempted to engage with them to let them know how stupid their stunt was and how angry this had made me. This was an opportunity for them to apologise for their 'mistake' - to tell me 'they were just having a laugh.' But the didn't they sat nonchalantly laughing from the protection of their car. This rendered me powerless, amplified the anger and I lashed out. My mistake.

I'm in my mid 40s and I've done nothing like this. But its not the first time that a car driver and/or passengers have saw fit to involve themselves, unwarranted, in my cycling journey. Sadly, I don't suppose it will be the last.

Crankarm

Guru
garrilla said:
There were many moments during this event where I or the occupants of the car could have made alternative decisions and events could have turned out differently.

Beyond the initial act of dangerous stupidity, the most significant moment, from my perspective, was when I arrived at their car and attempted to engage with them to let them know how stupid their stunt was and how angry this had made me. This was an opportunity for them to apologise for their 'mistake' - to tell me 'they were just having a laugh.' But the didn't they sat nonchalantly laughing from the protection of their car. This rendered me powerless, amplified the anger and I lashed out. My mistake.

I'm in my mid 40s and I've done nothing like this. But its not the first time that a car driver and/or passengers have saw fit to involve themselves, unwarranted, in my cycling journey. Sadly, I don't suppose it will be the last.

I suspect many share your indignation and anger at what they did to you and for all the other muppets like them, but at the end of the day you are very vulnerable on a bike. Whilst your retaliatory action was shall we say "mis-judged" what then transpired could have irrepairably altered your life or ended it :biggrin:.

chap

Veteran
Out of choice I prefer to remain ignorant to 'Northen justice', nonetheless I hope you get better soon.

The fact that they chose to beat you up over a broken wing-mirror speaks volumes though, it's lucky you didn't take the more effective act of vengance and 'key' the vehicle.