Screamer = Broken wing-mirror = face-kicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i wouldnt report it, you will get a conviction for criminal damage, they, who probably already have criminal records, will be let of with a fine or caution because of 'provocation'.

Tharg2007 said:
i wouldnt report it, you will get a conviction for criminal damage, they, who probably already have criminal records, will be let of with a fine or caution because of 'provocation'.

+1. The coppers will go after the nice law-abiding middle-class chap who admitted a crime, and not bother with three chavvy scrotes who will lie, give them the run-around, and not turn up to the court. Even a caution can have a serious effect on your professional and personal life.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
...but I disagree about the inadvisability of posting it hereabouts - a cautionary tale for all of us to bear in mind methinks. So thanks for that. And get well soon.

Lee, what are you blabbering on about mistakes for? Your picking at semantics and bordering on trolling. You could say that it was a mistake for the yobs to do what they did. Their mistake was the choice they made (although they are unlikely to see it that way), but to suggest that the incident itself was a mistake is totally wrong. It was an intentional act. Going by your logic you could say that pre-meditated murder was a mistake.

As for the OP. Assault is certainly the greater evil here, by a long way. However, there was some provocation and criminal damage is a big no-no.

Good for you for posting it here. Hopefully others (including me) will learn from your mistake. I hope you heal soon.

Tharg2007 said:

good point. i didnt fully think through the 'lawless chav scum always trumps the average citizen in the british justice system' situation.

irc

Twenty Inch said:
+1. The coppers will go after the nice law-abiding middle-class chap who admitted a crime, and not bother with three chavvy scrotes who will lie, give them the run-around, and not turn up to the court. Even a caution can have a serious effect on your professional and personal life.

+2 For not reporting it.

My son made a mistake when he was 16 and got a criminal record for a minor victimless crime resulting in a fine. As he is an adult ( in Scotland) this means he will have to declare it for the rest of his .life when applying for any job that involves contact with children (teacher, police, prison, fire service etc) as the statute of limitations doesn't apply there.

He will have to apply for a visa if he wanted to go to the USA. No idea if he would get in.

Applying for house insurance I had to declare it as there was question about any occupants with criminal charges/convictions.

He had never had any contact with the police before or since but will be affected for the rest of his life.

For chavs with existing criminal records an assault conviction if it got to that is nothing. A fine paid at £2 per week ouit their giro. For anyone without a criminal record who works for a living and owns a house a criminal record for even a minor crime has long term consequences.

If it was me I'd be writing it off to experience.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Origamist said:
Where I grew up, spilling a fellow drinker's pint was usually the tipping point - so a few pence...

And I thought where I grew up was rough. There it only kicked off if you didn't replace said pint.

J4CKO

Garilla, you did the wrong thing !

You should have got the car details, traced it and then done a number on it, you get satisfaction and they dotn have a clue, they probally upset many people so wont trace it back to you.

Myself and My cousin stopped at a chippy back in about 1990, we took a kicking off four scrotes in a Mini, for no toerh reason than the fact I had a better car (Golf GTI), that I had restored it myself and it only cost £1500, saved from working nights in a pub did not matter, my shiny car offended them and we got a kicking, as did a friend who happened to be driving past and stopped to ask if we were ok, he got punched int he face.

I cahsed the car when they scarpered and could have killed them, bigger, powerful car versus a mini with four lads in it, I was all over them but I fought the red mist and let them get away but being daft they went to near where they lived, we simply kept our eyes peeled (from another car), followed them, got the address and went back and made sure the car didnt go again, it was a shed anyway.

The other time I got a pasting outside a pub, by someone I knew for simply talking to a girl he knew when he was full of beer and testosterone, he got his car re-arranged a bit by a couple of mates, a nice gesture, I didnt ask them to.

Dont get mad, get even and sometimes you have to accept you may never get back at them but the time you do, its so satisfying.

Being a cyclist does not mean you have to be a pussy, but you need to know when the odds are stacked against you.

J4CKO said:
Garilla, you did the wrong thing !

You should have got the car details, traced it and then done a number on it, you get satisfaction and they dotn have a clue, they probally upset many people so wont trace it back to you.

Myself and My cousin stopped at a chippy back in about 1990, we took a kicking off four scrotes in a Mini, for no toerh reason than the fact I had a better car (Golf GTI), that I had restored it myself and it only cost £1500, saved from working nights in a pub did not matter, my shiny car offended them and we got a kicking, as did a friend who happened to be driving past and stopped to ask if we were ok, he got punched int he face.

I cahsed the car when they scarpered and could have killed them, bigger, powerful car versus a mini with four lads in it, I was all over them but I fought the red mist and let them get away but being daft they went to near where they lived, we simply kept our eyes peeled (from another car), followed them, got the address and went back and made sure the car didnt go again, it was a shed anyway.

The other time I got a pasting outside a pub, by someone I knew for simply talking to a girl he knew when he was full of beer and testosterone, he got his car re-arranged a bit by a couple of mates, a nice gesture, I didnt ask them to.

Dont get mad, get even and sometimes you have to accept you may never get back at them but the time you do, its so satisfying.

Being a cyclist does not mean you have to be a pussy, but you need to know when the odds are stacked against you.

Advice that is best ignored IMO.:sad:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Hardly anyone has said that the OP did nothing wrong. hell even he said he did something wrong. and i'm sure looking back on it he won't do it again.

But what a fair few people are commenting on is YOU saying the chavs made a mistake by passing to close and screaming. thats not a mistake.