Screamer = Broken wing-mirror = face-kicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegrumpybiker

User3143 said:
Why not? So it is ok to rip off someones wing mirror off and not be punished in way or the other:wacko:

Yeah, shame on Gorilla for reacting so angrily to HAVING HIS LIFE ENDANGERED BY A CARLOAD OF C*NTS.
The poor little "cheeky monkeys" will have to go to all the trouble of clicking the wing mirror back into place, just for playing a "little prank". Then they'll have to soak their bruised knuckles in cold water to take the swelling down.
Poor little lambs.

User3143 said:
Why not? So it is ok to rip off someones wing mirror off and not be punished in way or the other:wacko:

Ah well, I'd expect nothing less from someone who has done this type of thing as well...

Oh well, at least I had the front (as Garilla did) to get physically involved, instead of winding people up through the safety of the internet. Now where's that ignore list?

Shaun

Founder
Can we not get into personal insults please or I'll simply lock the thread.

I think the OP should stand as a note of caution to all of us - be careful how far you go when the red mist descends.

We've probably all experienced the same thing; car passes dangerously close whilst occupants shout at you or slap you or throw something at you.

They get a great kick out of it, and you get frightened half to death and end up with your heart beating it's way through your rib cage and possibly being forced into the roadside.

How you handle it from there is up to each individual, but personally I wouldn't advocate 'getting involved' other than verbally, and even then, not so much that you provoke a further, more harmful reaction from them.

Noting the registration number and reporting it is definitely useful because if enough people do it, they'll get a visit, but it's not something you naturally stop to think and do when at the same time you're trying to avoid a face-plant!!

Equally I don't think you're a pussy if you leave it and let them get away with it - as the OP's lesson shows us - not being a pussy can possibly get you a good kicking.

Just take the OP for what it is - a lesson.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

mr_hippo said:
Chav cyclist smashes wing mirror on a car containing 3 other chavs and then gets a good beating - so what?

What a W*nker

Twenty Inch said:
My only advice would be that if you are going to get into a situation where you might have to mix it, be prepared to use extreme violence. Even three chavs would have backed down if you were swinging your bike at their heads.

This is very Bad advice Twenty ... Unless you take out all 3 in one swing your going to get a serious kicking

User3143 said:
mis⋅take  /mɪˈsteɪk/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled Pronunciation [mi-steyk] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA noun, verb, -took, -tak⋅en, -tak⋅ing.
–noun 1.an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.2.a misunderstanding or misconception.
verb (used with

Lee this is just a play on words .. the people in the car made a concious decision to do what they did and if your going to argue that shouting out of the car window was a mistake/error in judgement then you have to grant Garrila the same for breaking off the mirror ... i dont condone the criminal damage but 3 on to 1 is way out of order

Simon

Attachments

• dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
    dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
    236 bytes · Views: 28
I'll just add one piece of advice to this thread....

Get a camera. Not to become a celebrity like me of course :biggrin:, but as a method of restraint. Knowing I have the incident on film means that I don't get anywhere near as worked up as I would otherwise. I know I'll have a record of it, their faces, their number plate etc that I can pass on to the police. No need to cause any damage.

Cab

Actually, having the camera on is a very calming influence. It isn't that you know that you'd be recording your own bad behaviour, its that you know that you've got evidence of what the other guy has done wrong, you've got a better chance of getting a positive resolution of some kind using camera footage than your voice or even your fists.

I would assume that no one would excuse the 'chavs' for their dangerous behaviour that started this any more than we'd excuse retaliation (breaking wing mirror) or the beating that resulted; we could discuss at length whether breaking the wing mirror is fair in response to being driven into the kerb, but I'm sure that no one would think that further escalation to physical violence was justified.

Live and learn, but thats one hell of a harsh way to learn a lesson, like.

skrx

User3143 said:
no amount of chavs shouting abuse from a car can never give rise to someone causing criminal damage to a car - anyone else that says otherwise is an idiot.

No amount of breaking wing mirrors should result in serious physical assault.

User3143 said:
Good, you got what you deserved. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If we're going for that kind of "justice", perhaps what he "deserved" was them kicking in one of the bicycle wheels, or smashing his lights.

J4CKO

magnatom said:
Advice that is best ignored IMO.:biggrin:

Yep, I agree, in your case there wouldnt be an intact car left in Glasgow :sad:

I am quite placid really, that was in my younger days but if someone amuses themselves by endangering me, its an option, hit them where it hurts, reasoning with scum like that just doesnt work.

J4CKO said:
Yep, I agree, in your case there wouldnt be an intact car left in Glasgow :biggrin:

I am quite placid really, that was in my younger days but if someone amuses themselves by endangering me, its an option, hit them where it hurts, reasoning with scum like that just doesnt work.

Sorry. I don't agree that it's an option. Mutal respect, not mutal destruction.

J4CKO

magnatom said:
Sorry. I don't agree that it's an option. Mutal respect, not mutal destruction.

Yes, most of the time thats how I work, however I don't see where mutual respect has been shown here, contempt, cruelty, endangerment, aggression etc but Garilla was not offered a basic level of respect, treated as a play thing by idiots who were hoping to see him injured or at least scared, difficult to respect them, he reacted and then came off worse.

You get your own back in your own way with your videos and there are many different options to pursue before I get to the stage of damaging something or somebody but when you have taken a battering for no reason other than having a nice car (which also came in for some stick) then you do want to get some revenge, their car was worthless anyway.

The reason idiots like this behave as they do, they see cyclists as a soft touch, which we are generally, sometimes thinking their could be ramifications might help.

I know you arent going to agree with me, thats fine.

I pushed a wing mirror backwards on a car last night, no damage, it was totally blocking the pavement on a blind bend, just happened to catch it with my hip.

thegrumpybiker

J4CKO said:
we simply kept our eyes peeled (from another car), followed them, got the address and went back and made sure the car didnt go again, it was a shed anyway.

Dont get mad, get even and sometimes you have to accept you may never get back at them but the time you do, its so satisfying.

The actions of a spiteful, sneaky, underhand devious bastard...