Screen moving around on mobile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
CCs always been really good at resizing to my phone, but lately (since the latest update?) I seem to be able to move the screen off to the side, like this:
Screenshots_2017-01-18-22-42-55.png
Which is a bit annoying when scrolling through threads. It doesn't happen on forum lists or on locked threads so possibly it's something to do with the reply box? I can't do it now as I create this thread.

Samsung Galaxy Note II / Android / Chrome

Shaun

Founder
It could be a clash between older (cached) templates, and the newer ones. Could you do me a favour and completely clear the cache on your phone's web browser and log back in to CC again and see if the problem is resolved?

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
No, that doesn't seem to have fixed it. It only happens when I'm logged on. Looking at the site while logged out is fine. It's similar on the Samsung default browser, only the screen doesn't move, there's just a big gap down the side.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I though it was just me.. Same thing on my fruit based 5s
EDIT: using Safari

Last edited:

PeteXXX

On checking it, it's fine initially, and when selecting 'New Threads' etc. but, as @winjim says, it wobbles around when selecting a particular thread.

Shaun

Founder
Also noticed it's only in portrait. Landscape is fine.
You appear to be using the Darker theme, would you mind switching to the default CycleChat one and refreshing the page - is it still happening?

PeteXXX

Still wobbling on default theme.

Shaun

Founder
It claims to be version 50.0.2661.89 running on Android 4.4.2. Chrome is telling me it wants an update so I could try that.
Thanks - I just want to report it to the forum software company and see if anyone else is having similar problems. It may be a bug or something they can advise a fix for. :okay:

Top Bottom