Sea bass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Wild sea bass has a much nicer flavour than farmed (which can taste a little bit muddy). A good fishmonger should have line-caught wild sea bass available - expensive, but worth it. I like it cooked simply, perhaps under the grill with some olive oil, thyme and a bit of pancetta wrapped round it. Chinese style (as others have described) is also delicious.

Davidc

Guru
I've often thought I'd be happy living on a fish and fruit diet.

There are so many different tasting fish, and loads of ways of cooking them, I'd never get bored. I like most fruit as it comes, not cooked. Again there's a wonderful variety.

Of course Tomatoes, peppers, courgettes, aubergines and so on are fruits which can be eaten with the fish, in some cases cooked.

I'd miss meat a bit, but not that much, and there are a few vegetables which aren't fruits, especially asparagus, I'd miss.

One exception - Grain would still be needed on this diet - for making beer!

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Arch said:
If it's the son I met, then 'little' isn't really the word, he's about 8 feet tall...

All sounds lovely, I should cook fish more.

It is indeed him, Arch. I've had to get used to looking up to him in the past few months. And how can any human possibly need trousers with a 30" waist and 34" leg??

Anyway, thanks for all the cooking ideas folks.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Piemaster said:
It is indeed him, Arch. I've had to get used to looking up to him in the past few months. And how can any human possibly need trousers with a 30" waist and 34" leg??

Anyway, thanks for all the cooking ideas folks.

Ooh, ooh, inspired by yours I've got me a second hand Trangia - no kettle, but they are only a tenner or so. Not actually used it yet, but I feel one step closer to my Grand Tour...:smile:

Top Bottom