Sealed drum washing machines.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Onto the next laundry disaster, the tumble dryer started making horrible noises a few weeks ago knew exactly what it was & should have done something then but didn't. Then on Saturday it started making thumping noises, when I stripped the back off O was greeted with the expected worn out bearing.

Indesit give a 10 years parts warranty which isn't worth the label it's printed on, the part to buy Retail is £18, but they want £110 labour to come fit the free part. It's just 4 years old & the 2nd dryer we've had that had the same fault.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Our packed up last week , i just bought a new one as looking at prices for repairs it was not economical to repair it , the warranty company tried to sell me an extended warranty at some much a month , i worked out in 3 years i could buy a new washer with the cost of it.

D

Deleted member 26715

Our packed up last week , i just bought a new one as looking at prices for repairs it was not economical to repair it , the warranty company tried to sell me an extended warranty at some much a month , i worked out in 3 years i could buy a new washer with the cost of it.
Yeah when I phoned Hotpoint (who owned Idensit apparently) they tried to sell me a warranty, £13.83 a month for 12 months with the guarantee on fixing it this time & then replacing it if it broke inside the 12 months i.e. £170 which is just the same a cheap replacement.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Washing machines I now treat as disposable. If I get 3-4 yrs I’m happy , but I don’t pay too much £400 max. I did splash out on a fancy American fridge freezer last year , £1200 it was. Biggest pile of crap. Packed in at Christmas, got it repaired under warranty , the guy was good replaced a fair bit to fix the freezer. Roll on into April this year and the fridge part broke. Warranty covered however this time the guy said , it’s not worth fixing. Got a full refund ! Was Costco mind and they were good, if it had been Curry’s I think I would have just got a replacement!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same here with washer. TBH, we're on our 3rd in 25 years - our latest was in early March - yep, just bought the biggest capacity I could walk out of the shop with as lockdown was looming. Spent a little more than I wanted, but the dimensions were right and it had a big weight capacity (thinking it will last longer as we don't load it too much). Same with fridge/freezers. We went separates after the 'frost free' expensive one packed in. Simple, just work, and cheap to replace.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
to be honest the fridge freezer packing in was a blessing! It took up far too much room , so it was replaced with a separate built in fridge. Which will be great for when the kitchen gets done !

D

Deleted member 26715

Bizarre as I have never had a pump failure

I spoke too soon, although 2 years later the pump has failed or rather in the process of failing

The Fagor washing machine is having problems, it throws up an error to say that the water is not emptying fast enough, the suggestion is to make sure that the drains are all clear which they are, so logically it can only be a tired drain pump. As Fagor when bust in 2013 parts are getting scarce & the pump is unavailable from the company I normally buy from. Looks like it may have to be a new machine :cry:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Look at EBAC. Designed and made in County Durham, 7 year parts and labour no quibble guarantee. A fair charge for installation and taking your old machine away. Excellent value for what you are getting.
https://www.ebac.com/

Reactions: gbb

classic33

Leg End Member
I spoke too soon, although 2 years later the pump has failed or rather in the process of failing

The Fagor washing machine is having problems, it throws up an error to say that the water is not emptying fast enough, the suggestion is to make sure that the drains are all clear which they are, so logically it can only be a tired drain pump. As Fagor when bust in 2013 parts are getting scarce & the pump is unavailable from the company I normally buy from. Looks like it may have to be a new machine :cry:
None of these parts/pumps?
https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/fagor-drain-pumps

CXRAndy

Guru
Our Meile washer failed on yr 11. Once I'd stripped it down. The drum spider on the rear had cracked. A new drum was required,

Meile will sell a drum for more than the cost of a new washing machine

They never cost that much when I was in the electronic repair trade

D

Deleted member 26715

What model number?

The washer is a FU-7814 the pump is L71B001F4 I've emailed sosparts but they've not got back to me yet, there's also a firm in Spain who claim to have them in stock, but it's £70 delivered so to me it's getting into the uneconomic repair territory, cheap if it fixes the problem & we get another couple of years, but expensive if it doesn't cure it.

Top Bottom