England : West Yorkshire Seasons of Mists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Entered and paid for. Only 100 km but I've only just got back on my bike so this'll be a real test.

Anyone else entering?

Will see how the weather turns ........... usually it is crap weather for this event if my memory serves me correctly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Will see how the weather turns ........... usually it is crap weather for this event if my memory serves me correctly.
I have an equal split - half of my SoM rides have been done on glorious sunny Autumn days, and half in horrendous conditions. When it is good, it is great!

I'll do it if Colin does :whistle:
Said he, confident in the near-certainty that Colin will not be capable of it this year! :laugh:

The SoM route is about 3 times my current range, and about 6 times the hilliness that I can handle so I can't see myself being anywhere near fit enough in just 6.5 weeks time. If by some miracle I am, and the weather is ok, I will give it a go!

(If I am up to just the first part of it, I might turn out and ride to the end of the Long Causeway with you, and then drop down to the A646 and ride home.)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
If I started it, I'd want to finish it, rather than have it finish me! :laugh:

I meant potsy, he could come on his new bling bling bike.

I might do it but I will see what the weather is like first, at the moment I am thinking about doing the Selby Sportive at the beginning of Sept then two weeks later I have the Otley Sportive so I may do this as the third in a row .......... and I may not.

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
I might come over and do it. It looks like I'll need one more ride for the CTC tourist competition to make the full 12. I've got 3 lined up already. There are one or 2 closer to home but they're on Saturdays when I work.I used to live in Accrington years ago so I know some of the roads ( and climbs, gulp!).

ColinJ

I might come over and do it. It looks like I'll need one more ride for the CTC tourist competition to make the full 12. I've got 3 lined up already. There are one or 2 closer to home but they're on Saturdays when I work.I used to live in Accrington years ago so I know some of the roads ( and climbs, gulp!).
season_of_mists_profile-gif.27051.gif

:whistle:

I did a ride this afternoon up Cragg Vale and back by a different route. It was about 1/3 of the SoM distance, with about 1/5 of the climbing, little of which was steep and I felt a bit tired when I got back despite only going at the minimum SoM speed. A lot of improvement needed before I will be ready for 100 km with 2,500 m of steep hills!

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
season_of_mists_profile-gif.27051.gif

:whistle:

I did a ride this afternoon up Cragg Vale and back by a different route. It was about 1/3 of the SoM distance, with about 1/5 of the climbing, little of which was steep and I felt a bit tired when I got back despite only going at the minimum SoM speed. A lot of improvement needed before I will be ready for 100 km with 2,500 m of steep hills!
I'm not a big fan of hilly rides so if I do come over I'll gladly join the "autobus" and crawl round:thumbsup:

ColinJ

In case anybody unfamiliar with SoM misunderstood my post ... my ride yesterday was not on any of the SoM route; I was just checking how unfit I actually am at the moment.

In normal circumstances, 6 Weeks of regular cycling would get me fit enough to tackle the event but I need to be careful not to overdo my efforts.
I'm not a big fan of hilly rides so if I do come over I'll gladly join the "autobus" and crawl round:thumbsup:
I'm not sure that SoM is the ideal event for hillphobes! :whistle: Still, RdV, if you can persuade potsy, phil_hg_uk, and a few others to join you and bfb, you would have a nice little slow group. ***

*** I am aware of rumours that phil_hg_uk has been getting a lot fitter since I last rode with him, so he might no longer wish to hang back with tardy riders? :laugh:

pally83

Über Member
I've signed up for the SoM. Not done much since Le Terrier & Bowland Badass (which I abandoned due to injury) so will be good to see how I get on.

Top Bottom