England : West Yorkshire Seasons of Mists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tubbycyclist

I will be there - done the paypal thing to enter. It is a great route, although I have taken to bouncing the control at Waddington as I can never get there quick enough so end up at the end of a long queue. Coldwell Activity centre has started shutting at 3pm on a Sunday so may have to push on to get there in time to grab something, unless a later opening has been negotiated. Like @ColinJ my memories of this ride are 50% late summer/50% winter conditions.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will be there - done the paypal thing to enter. It is a great route, although I have taken to bouncing the control at Waddington as I can never get there quick enough so end up at the end of a long queue. Coldwell Activity centre has started shutting at 3pm on a Sunday so may have to push on to get there in time to grab something, unless a later opening has been negotiated. Like @ColinJ my memories of this ride are 50% late summer/50% winter conditions.
I like the new avatar, tc!

In light of your new trim cyclist's physique, when are you going to change to a more appropriate forum name ...? How about sveltecyclist, or lelcyclist! :thumbsup:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Im audax out till November :sad:

Ive been off the bike (except for commuting) for about a year due to no money/time and having other commitments, I think it was having my bike stolen again about a year back that made me think 'sod this, I give up'

ColinJ

Is there places that veer off the course to collect items?.
It is an audax event, so there control points (cafes!) you need to call in at to get a card stamped, and there are other 'information controls' to make sure that you have covered the entire route (you will be asked a question such as 'what is the name of the pub ...', 'what is the colour of the door ...' etc.). For this event, there is a minimum speed limit of 12 kph (7.5 mph) and a maximum speed limit of 24 kph (15 mph) so you need to ride within those limits.

ColinJ

That is awesome. I might join Calder Clarion.
You don't have to be in a club to ride audax events. If you join Audax UK (here) you get sent a nice magazine 4 times a year and are insured to ride in all audax events. If you are not an AUK member then you can still take part, but you pay £2 more to enter each event to cover temporary membership for insurance cover.

(Still join Calder Clarion though, because you will probably enjoy riding with them!)

I think I can handle that. I know some of the hills already, may try some of the others before hand just to see what I am letting myself in for.

Top Bottom