England : West Yorkshire Seasons of Mists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tubbycyclist

Picked up an injury, so not riding but I will be there early doors helping out, so hope to see you at registration.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How early does registration open? I'm riding in so I'm planning on registering and finding a cafe for breakfast.
I would guess about 08:00 because it always seems packed after 08:30.

I certainly wouldn't fancy eating breakfast less than an hour before riding up the Heptonstall Road, for fear of barfing it up over the village's cobbled streets!

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I would guess about 08:00 because it always seems packed after 08:30.

I certainly wouldn't fancy eating breakfast less than an hour before riding up the Heptonstall Road, for fear of barfing it up over the village's cobbled streets!
I didn't get this shape without dedication!..:smile:

Can't decide which bike to use, heavy and comfortable, or light and not quite as comfortable.

They usually provide a bit of brecky at registration, tea and toast, not sure they will run to a full English though :P

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't know if any cafes are open that early on a Sunday in HB ... In fact, Shaun, didn't we have that problem when you came over a couple of months ago? I'm sure that it was about 10:00 or 10:30 when the first cafe opened.

You might stand a better chance in Todmorden on the ride here.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I don't know if any cafes are open that early on a Sunday in HB ... In fact, Shaun, didn't we have that problem when you came over a couple of months ago? I'm sure that it was about 10:00 or 10:30 when the first cafe opened.

You might stand a better chance in Todmorden on the ride here.
Yeah that's true, I'll see if the vans on the way are open.

Bromptonfb...I'm not sure about Gina's cafe as I don't know of it but The White Hart (Wetherspoons), station approach, Todmorden opens at 8 am Mon - Sun according to their website. You can have breakfast there and it's good value and quick. Porridge, toast and marmalade etc - from personal experience (tough I've not eaten there before 10 am) it's served very quickly by efficient friendly staff. Colin has a good point though. It might be a bit too late to comfortably tackle the hill to Heptonstall within under an hour from having eaten. Although riding from Tod to Hebden for the flattish few miles should be a bit easier on the stomach. Might be worth rining them tonight and asking if you got there at 8 am on the dot how quick could they serve up a breakfast?

Top Bottom