England : West Yorkshire Seasons of Mists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am thinking of doing this as my first audax event. Just how hilly is it?
Read the first page of this thread ...

tubbycyclist

With just over 2 weeks to go, I'm starting to feel woefully ill prepared. I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

what is the worst that can happen? I am picking up my new Brompton next week and can keep you company unless the CdF is getting an outing in which case leave some cake for me:biggrin:

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
what is the worst that can happen? I am picking up my new Brompton next week and can keep you company unless the CdF is getting an outing in which case leave some cake for me:biggrin:
Haha...watching me struggle riding one not put you off then?

CdF will be used, my super duper fancy hill climbing B has a new home, that just leaves me my 2 speed....not exactly the right bike for SoM.

I am hoping I will have a bike built by then and that I am in a fit state to ride, not feeling it at the moment after rear ending a van at 30mph.

Svendo

Guru
I just remembered about SoM and checked the rota at work and turns out I'd requested the day off, so I'm entered now. I've done the ride once or twice and the route (with variations) a couple of times too. It's a lovely route although the narrow twisty descent on the return leg (Stang Top Road) can be sketchy in the wet. Gravel, potholes mud leaves and running water on a 10%+ descent ^_^.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd do it 'cos it's local, a lovely route and a cracking event. I will be doing part of the route but won't be on wheels though! I'm doing the Helwith Bridge Duathlon on the 13th so need some foot racing under my belt and the Burnley Fire Station 7 is on next week so I'll be doing that. I did the FB race a couple of years ago and was running up that hill out of Cliviger and encountered a couple of SoM riders and had a good chat with them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have fun next Sunday!

I am at least a couple of months short of the fitness needed to be able to tackle the event this time. I cycled up to the windfarm on the Long Causeway last week and it took me an hour to get even that far.

I am getting fitter though and my sore legs and lungs are becoming less problematic, so unless something dreadful happens before then, I should be back in action in time for SoM's sister event SITD (Spring Into The Dales) in April.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Have fun next Sunday!

I am at least a couple of months short of the fitness needed to be able to tackle the event this time. I cycled up to the windfarm on the Long Causeway last week and it took me an hour to get even that far.

I am getting fitter though and my sore legs and lungs are becoming less problematic, so unless something dreadful happens before then, I should be back in action in time for SoM's sister event SITD (Spring Into The Dales) in April.
All good to hear, Colin! I look forward to doing the SITD in April and hope you are on the ride.

I am booked in if Chris remembered to commute my payment from SITD after an early season injury. At least the weather forcast is fine atm.

Top Bottom