seat post bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
My most recent purchase is a Dancelli frame (looks very much like a Colnago). It needs a seat post bolt and I have noticed that the seat post clamp does not have the little cut out which would prevent the bolt turning when being tightened.

Is it normal for Italian/Colnago/Dancelli to use a plain bolt (22mm long, 8mm diameter) ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Depends on the type and style of seat clamp , show us a pic and we can see

wonderdog

Depends on the type and style of seat clamp , show us a pic and we can see
While we're discussing seatpost bolts, does anyone have one for a Viscount Aerospace ... they have the "V" reversed out of a red background on the bolt head like Carlton and Raleigh. Also a stem bolt and, while we're at it, a rear skewer for 126 width - same deal with the reversed V. Do I ask too much? Thanks in anticipation.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
While we're discussing seatpost bolts, does anyone have one for a Viscount Aerospace ... they have the "V" reversed out of a red background on the bolt head like Carlton and Raleigh. Also a stem bolt and, while we're at it, a rear skewer for 126 width - same deal with the reversed V. Do I ask too much? Thanks in anticipation.

Can't help have a chat with @Tony Raynor or @stevevw both are or have been Viscount owners

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
Pardon strange paint effects - in process of removing rust and covering bare metal in aluminium paint

IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

Note lack of slots for bolt, I thought a slot to prevent rotation of bolt was standard (I am not sure about cutting slot - I don't want to damage frame).
Are bolts like those below made without protrusion (I imagine it would be hard work to file off the lump?)

bolt.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 39

midlife

Guru
Biggs682 is correct, the serrations stand in for the lug / slot arrangement. Still need two Allen keys to tighten though lol

Mind you that does look like a wide bolt hole?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
Cheers biggs'

Hi midlife, using a steel rule the hole seems to have an 8mm diameter (Allen keys not a problem, I have about three sets; usual bad organisation - can't find one, go out and buy a new set, get home and find the old one :blush: )

Top Bottom