seat post rack /pannier rack help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
MY old boardman road comp i intend to use as a commuter / winter bike but i cant get my seatpost rack to clamp onto the 31.6 seat post .
Does anyone know of a rack that will fit or alternatively a normal pannier rack as my current one is catching on the seatstays near the lower hole .I have changed the seatpost clamp to one that gives an upper mount point and i intend to use cruds for mudguards .
rs 11  deda.jpg
rs 11  deda.jpg

gasinayr

Über Member
Topeak beam racks come with rubber shims to suit all sizes

vickster

Legendary Member
The weight they'll carry is quite low too. Think an ex colleague had one on his carbon bike, with an Ortlieb pannier. Was a while ago tho

Go to a large LBS which sticks several rack makes and talk to the guys. Get them to fit too

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

The weight they'll carry is quite low too. Think an ex colleague had one on his carbon bike, with an Ortlieb pannier. Was a while ago tho

Go to a large LBS which sticks several rack makes and talk to the guys. Get them to fit too
its only for commuting , so work clothes, sarnies etc , i have £75 to spend at halfords today when i pick up the new bike .

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Get the rack and fab compatible bag with the fold out panniers. A superb piece of kit
I agree but the rack will need the optional 'side supports' too. I wouldn't bother with the 'mudgard' though although I bought one, I suppose it keeps the back of the 'rackbag' clean but that's about all.

vickster

Legendary Member
I agree but the rack will need the optional 'side supports' too. I wouldn't bother with the 'mudgard' though although I bought one, I suppose it keeps the back of the 'rackbag' clean but that's about all.
True but surely he'll need those with any beam rack with panniers or they'll flap around

If he's only carrying a few bits, is there no carradice solution that goes on one of their mounts, don't know if Halfords sell but he could use the vouchers for something else

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

True but surely he'll need those with any beam rack with panniers or they'll flap around

If he's only carrying a few bits, is there no carradice solution that goes on one of their mounts, don't know if Halfords sell but he could use the vouchers for something else
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...ets/topeak-trunkbag-rx-dxp-with-side-panniers

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-pannier-racks/topeak-rx-beam-rack-v-type
that makes £85 , i have £75 to spend free .

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you find a price match anywhere or a tenner?

Make sure you get the right beamrack for your frame size
As above, you'll need the side bits for a beam rack
Personally I don't like them. Not 100% stable

Or just get a normal rack

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Can you find a price match anywhere or a tenner?

Make sure you get the right beamrack for your frame size
As above, you'll need the side bits for a beam rack
Personally I don't like them. Not 100% stable

Or just get a normal rack
On a couple of my bikes the beam rack clamp will just 'wriggle' between the seatstays and clamp to the seat-tube.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I use the larger MTX rack and bag with fold out side bags. Absolutely super bit of kit for commuting and shopping. I do also have the seatpost mounted rack with side supports, fine for commuting but limited to about 7kg from memory. Never had issues with it slipping, but would not use on a carbon seatpost

Top Bottom