Seat Post.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazed

220lb+
If 600 grams got me a few seconds off my previous best on a climb I would be very pleased. Just like I am pleased if I beat my previous best bench/squat etc by a kg or two.
Sport is small details, you don't have to be a professional to be competitive even if that is only with yourself.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Yep - you might get home a couple of seconds quicker. Possibly. Or not.

The difference between a 7.5kg bike and a 9.5kg bike over a 12klm climb at 8% average is more than a few seconds.. :smile:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Ignore them ^_^ - I rate Ritchey seatposts, but the lighter ones tend to be over your budget. However you often see them heavily discounted. You can loose more weight from the seatpost if you cut it to leave the minimum insertion once you've determined your saddle height. How about the saddle? You can often loose a good few grams there.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Cheaper to lose a pound off the belly than a pound off the bike.

What... when I only weight 10st 7lbs in the first place.. :eek: I want to put weight or muscle power on not take it off.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Ignore them ^_^ - I rate Ritchey seatposts, but the lighter ones tend to be over your budget. However you often see them heavily discounted. You can loose more weight from the seatpost if you cut it to leave the minimum insertion once you've determined your saddle height. How about the saddle? You can often loose a good few grams there.

I was looking earlier and I did see a Thomson Masterpeice inline at £ 79.30 weight claim of 156gm.. from wiggle.

What is the stem size you need once you have a ride height sorted?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Sorry youngbloke... I have a Paradigm RL which is 185 gms and the best info on the saddle fitted is its about 265 gms.. saving about 80gms.. the other Trek saddle I had on my Domane was 310gm so it could be anything..be handy if it was 310g lol

ANT 666

Trying to re member
On the Crane brothers ride to the middle of the Gobi desert, they ditched the front mech, cables and shifters, just bent down and plucked the chain onto the other ring, loads of weight to be saved there. They also drilled holes in the spoons they took, in the handles i think,that or they did'nt eat soup.

Top Bottom