Seat posts on Ti’s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I don’t know if I should get a carbon seat post or a Ti post on my spitfire. The Ti posts blend into the frame. I think this looks good. A carbon one such as the selfcoff may absorb more buzz & is a tiny bit lighter.
What to do?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ti

I've just got an alloy one on mine. How long is the seat post ? If it's long then maybe carbon but Ti frame should be doing most of the work.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I've just got an alloy one on mine. How long is the seat post ? If it's long then maybe carbon but Ti frame should be doing most of the work.
Ti ordered. It’s all about the look.
:becool:

davidphilips

Veteran
Make sure to use anti-seize or grease, actually seen a bike with a gold coloured titanium seat post a few weeks ago (had to ask the owner what type of post it was) only my view but it looked really great.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Make sure to use anti-seize or grease, actually seen a bike with a gold coloured titanium seat post a few weeks ago (had to ask the owner what type of post it was) only my view but it looked really great.
Always have Lithium grease in my tool box. ^_^

geocycle

Legendary Member
I like matching seat posts and bars. As the bars were black I went for a nice Al Holdsworth in black With lots of layback. If I had Ti bars though….

Top Bottom