Seatpost rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elvisparsley

I'm looking for a rack to put on m,y Giant SCR. I know this can take a full rack but I want one i can quickly whip off and on, so maybe just one mounted to the seatpost might be good? I'm only carrying a smallish bag with a few clothes and my lunch in it but obviously, the stronger the better. Does anyone have any advice?

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The racks are generally all well engineered for their given load carrying capacity. Stick with in this and all should be olay.

However, the unknown is your seat post. Make sure it's pretty stout rather than 'high end' or expensive as they were never designed to be loaded like this. Maybe this is one occaision when heavier is probably better!

skwerl

I wouldn't recommend them at all. Weight sits too high up and makes bike's handling awful. Depends how you ride but I used mine once then sold it the next day

Alcdrew

I use one of these with side frame and this bag I think its great. The rack is rate to 9kg, which is plenty. The bag has plenty of room for my lunch, change of clothes, waterproofs, everything you could want.

Emu

I use the same rack as Alcdrew but with a smaller bag. I don't have any fixing points whatsoever on my Rockhopper and used to use a rucksack to carry my clobber. I've found the rack and bag have been fantastic although I have to minimise what I take with me to work - all my shower stuff inc. towel I leave at work.

Top Bottom