second set of SKS mudguards broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

Hi All I need some advice.

Another rear mudguard snapped today, this time an expensive SKS raceblade. That's another £30 down the drain!

Have any of you used crud raceblades, are they any good?

Thanks

400bhp

Guru
You mean the Crud roadracer?

And you mean the SKS raceblades?

400bhp

Guru
I have both ^_^

I used SKS raceblades for about 12 months. They started to annoy me, in particular the front one. I got tired of cleaning the brakes/chainset and found I was constantly making small adjustments to stop them rubbing.

I bought a set of raceblades-much better. They are a tight fit and it is imperative you check i) there is enough clearance under your brake calipers (5mm) and ii) they will fit over your tyres (I believe they will fit 25 or lower). It is also worth sending plenty of time fitting them which will minimise the "fiddle time" when using your bike in the future (note that I had version 1 of the racebladess 2 years ago but they annoyed me as they rubbed a lot, however they were fitted by the LBS and they clearly hadn't set them up correctly).

I have a spare unused mkii set-still in the box :whistle:.

OP
OP
S

scouserinlondon

The SKS haven't been great to be honest, constant adjustment of the front one, and had to put tape under the contact point as it was rubbing the paint off my carbon forks, also some rubbing on the frame. So maybe I'll give cruds a go? What is it you've got BHP, you wanna flog em?

Top Bottom