Seems I haven't changed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
The one I always remember is my music teacher who always wrote "not quite in tune":laugh:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
From 3 different reports, at different ages:

"Despite the strange way he holds his pen, he has impeccable handwriting" (I still do, and I have to use it a lot in my job)
"A rough diamond, who, if he applied himself more consistently, could do very well" (still true, on all counts)
"He will be lucky to pass his Maths O level" (I did)

:smile:

mustang1

Legendary Member
My old school reports from 40 years ago consistently said that I could do very well in the future, if only I'd apply myself to what I was supposed to be doing.

Quite accurate predictions I'd say.
Ditto! This seems to be quite a standard report template. I used to dislike the non-science type subjects. Only later in life I realized I like them.

Funnily enough, my 34 year old daughter just posted on social meeja a certificate of hers, which she had discovered indoors. It was from year 7, so age 12 or 13, and was for helping with the catering at a class fundraiser. Presumably she got it for not poisoning anyone with her cooking, and not stabbing anyone with a knife or scissors....

byegad

Legendary Member
A friend,who was a school care taker, got his child's report. The art teacher had written one word.

'Has.'

At the parents meeting he queried what the ****ing heck that meant. The teacher produced his previous report which said.

'Could do better.'

The same teacher used to spend his summers in France and one year came back to find the school locked up. He knocked on my friends door to find out why, only to be told the school reopened the next Monday. When the staff found out they thought silly old duffer, he's finally lost it. However the next two Septembers he turned up a week late for start of school. They don't make them like that any more.

Top Bottom