Self adhesive patches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I have never used self adhesive tube patches before.

Do they work?
Yes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If used correctly. Then yes. They are as good as normal patches and glue. Problem is some people don't know how to apply them properly and they fail.
I use Park tool patches and one patch is still holding after 18 months.

So. How to use them properly. The same way as you would patches and glue. Ie proper preparation of the inner tube surface and careful application of the patch. Squeezing and holding the patch on to the tube for a good minute.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Yes they do work , I had one fail after getting another puncture tho, but this was on a mtb tube ,the patch rippled and leaked..see above

Chris S

Legendary Member
Yes - just make sure you roughen the area that you stick them on to first.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thanks guys.

I have never seen a post about them before and found some in my local Halford type shop yesterday.

I will give these a go but order some Parks patches.

No more faffing with glue hopefully

jack smith

Veteran
Once you use them you will never use a glue patch again! Much better when not in the house to so you arent ruining your ride as much if you get a flat woth no spare tubes

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
If used correctly. Then yes. They are as good as normal patches and glue. Problem is some people don't know how to apply them properly and they fail.
I use Park tool patches and one patch is still holding after 18 months.

So. How to use them properly. The same way as you would patches and glue. Ie proper preparation of the inner tube surface and careful application of the patch. Squeezing and holding the patch on to the tube for a good minute.
Wot the blue man said.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Haven't used anything else for years. Lezyne and Park Tools have always been 100% reliable, and tubes still being used years after repair (I use puncture resistant tyres so don't go through a lot of tubes!).

Top Bottom