Selling a cycle to work bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
N

NorvernRob

Why not? It''s just a "thing".

It wont melt/break/fall apart/implode.

I realise that, but I've bought an expensive bike for 'best' which in reality means all the time as I don't go out when it's wet anyway. It would seem pointless to keep a really nice bike to ride to work on only in school holidays. I have to pick my son up normally, but my wife is a teacher so I can commute during the holidays and Saturdays only. Plus it's only 6 miles each way and I could detour onto the TPT that runs behind my house if I had a CX bike instead.

vickster

Legendary Member
A decent cx bike is going to cost £700+, what's the difference? I've no idea what TPT is. Cx should be n+1 not n-1

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bike to Work Scheme - Employee Hire Agreement Hire Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Clause 7

7. You must not hire out, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Goods or any part thereof. You undertake that during the Period you will not make any alterations to the Goods or any part thereof that decreases the value of the Goods or compromises or affects any safety or operational qualities of the Goods or any part thereof.

However as stated elsewhere, who'd know?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
With my last C2W bike I had to provide 2 photos of the bike at the end of the scheme for them to work out final value/fee. Not sure how you would get round that :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
Bike to Work Scheme - Employee Hire Agreement Hire Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Clause 7

7. You must not hire out, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Goods or any part thereof. You undertake that during the Period you will not make any alterations to the Goods or any part thereof that decreases the value of the Goods or compromises or affects any safety or operational qualities of the Goods or any part thereof.

However as stated elsewhere, who'd know?
Wouldn't fitting mudguards and a pannier rack affect the operational quality of a bicycle.

BSRU

A Human Being
With my last C2W bike I had to provide 2 photos of the bike at the end of the scheme for them to work out final value/fee. Not sure how you would get round that :thumbsup:
With CycleScheme no prove was required, I could have sold it the day I received it and they would be none the wiser.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Not really, panniers would affect the bike, mudguards would increase toe overlap.

That is a matter of opinion, considering that you can include these items as part of the scheme I would imagine that they are included as part of the bike. But I'm just speculating, I didn't write the contract, if you are that interested ask the schem provider. I ain't that interested.

Top Bottom