Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The lovely Mrs B has just come back from her doctors appointment..................24 hours too early :crazy:
I had a 'Junior Moment' 35 years ago when I spent half an hour standing outside the locked front door of our factory unit. Eventually it dawned on me that the industrial estate was that quiet because it was a bank holiday Monday! :banghead::wacko:

Oldfentiger

Veteran
My senior moments are so numerous as to be normal in my world. On the other hand, my good lady rarely gets stuff wrong. When she does though it's a blinder.

I was deep in reconstruction of our kitchen, so couldn't be expected to be involved in the acquisition of a new bathroom cabinet. Off she goes to IKEA, about an hours drive. Comes back, asks me for a screwdriver and sets about assembling the cabinet in another room.
After two minutes....
" (expletives deleted) I'm going to have to go back. It's blue and not white like it says on the box".

Two and a half hours later, she stomps in with the box under her arm.
"Did they swap it for you?"
"No".
"Why not?"
"They just took off the protective covering. It's white underneath."

Do you think I laughed? Dozy mare.

tyred

Legendary Member
A friend of my Mum's once bought her elderly mother an electric kettle (plastic jug type) for convenience.

Hew mother filled it with water and placed it on the gas cooker to boil....

Milkfloat

An Peanut
On top of a hill in Spain you'll find my hat. Put down while I took a photo.

One part of a foreign field that shall forever be Ben Sherman.

A pair of my sunglasses got donated to the great mountain god in Gran Canaria a couple of weeks ago. I even made the effort to retrieve them the day after - but no luck.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
how about a handfull of letters to be posted and an unstamped envelope to pop through bank's letter box labelled "natwest bank, for paying in" containing a cheque and a slip. Unfortunely I stuck the lot in the post box. Amazingly, and fair play to 'em, delivered the bank one too !

postman

Legendary Member
I fell off a low wall this morning.I was rushing to get some final digging in the front garden,not wanting to stand on the soil i walked along the top of the single brick wide wall.I fell knee hit the floor first i twisted my shoulders and hit the wall below the bay window,otherwise it would have been my head.All is ok.Silly old sod.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I fell off a low wall this morning.I was rushing to get some final digging in the front garden,not wanting to stand on the soil i walked along the top of the single brick wide wall.I fell knee hit the floor first i twisted my shoulders and hit the wall below the bay window,otherwise it would have been my head.All is ok.Silly old sod.

Did you avoid the soil though?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
This morning (every morning) is always a rush to get out of the house, I don't sit down to eat my porridge but do several other things whilst eating it, including making a coffee in a flask and filling my water bottle.... I might have muddled that bit up this morning and had to start again!

postman

Legendary Member
Senior moment of today,Thursday,lost one of my hearing aids.I take them out while cycling,because of the wind.Fallen out of my jersey pocket,Gawd what an old fool.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
my granmother, and just to be clear she still had all her wits, was telling the tale of going into the post office to buy some stamps - saying at the counter the chap gave her a strange look then got some stamps out of his wallet to sell her. It was only on her way back from other errands she realised she'd been in the bank.

A great lady and I still miss her though she's been gone 30 years after a good innings. The hours spent we spent playing cards when I was little, or not so little, are amongs my happiest memories.

Top Bottom