Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That's quality! :laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
keeping to the car theme, many years ago i parked my car on the motorway services car park then had a wander. After about an hour i went back to my car to find it wasn't there. I panicked and headed to the RAC hut to ask them to phone the police and report a car theft. Where are you heading they asked. When i told them they said i'd crossed the services bridge and my car would be on the other side of the motorway.:blush:

Around the same year i unlocked my Mini Clubman and sat in the driver's seat to be confronted by someone knocking on the window accusing me of trying to steal their car. They had the same car in the same colour. I'd mistaken theirs for mine which was parked a bit further down the road. Those British Leyland locks weren't very secure if one key unlocked more than one car!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Today I paid for someone else's petrol. I noticed as I walked back to the car that I was at pump number 4, not pump number 8 as I had claimed. I went back to the till. Much embarrassment as I held up the queue while they sorted it out.

Anyone beat that?
Well, I think that I can match that ...

One of my neighbours at my old address had a beard and drove a big green van.

My hot water boiler froze up. When it thawed out, water started spraying everywhere so I switched off the water supply and called out a plumber. He was clean-shaven and drove a small white van. He gave me a quote to replace the boiler, which I accepted. He said he would go and get a replacement boiler and return to fit it the following morning.

So, I was looking out of the window the next morning expecting a small white van to arrive in front of my house, and a clean-shaven man to get out. A big green van pulled up in front of the neighbour's house instead, and a bearded man got out and headed for the house next door ...

I ran outside, intercepted him, pointed at my front door and said "No, no, you have the wrong house - I live there". He gave me a very strange look which I eventually realised meant "WTF are you on, Colin - I know you live there, and you know that I live here!" ... :wacko:

I mumbled something about the phone ringing, ran back into the house and slammed the door behind me. Seconds later a clean-shaven man pulled up outside my house in a small white van! :blush:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Parked in a city centre car park the other week. Quick job. Returned to the car and found the central locking wouldnt work. Cue an hour or so fannying around on the phone etc etc.....Until the real owner of the car walked up and drove their car off.

Turns out the same car, same colour, was parked in the same spot (two aling from the exit ramp) one floor down from where my car was.

Sharky

Guru
We have two cars. Took my grand kids to a local country park where the car park is pay and display. To get a ticket, you have to enter the Reg no.

Didn't think anything of it until a few weeks later when I got a letter asking me to pay a £70 penalty. I was sure I had paid and the ticket was still in the car and I realised that I had entered the Reg no of our other car and their cctv cameras thought I hadn't paid.

Have appealed and not heard anything yet, but could be an expensive "Grey" moment.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We have two cars. Took my grand kids to a local country park where the car park is pay and display. To get a ticket, you have to enter the Reg no.

Didn't think anything of it until a few weeks later when I got a letter asking me to pay a £70 penalty. I was sure I had paid and the ticket was still in the car and I realised that I had entered the Reg no of our other car and their cctv cameras thought I hadn't paid.

Have appealed and not heard anything yet, but could be an expensive "Grey" moment.

FWIW I once put a slightly wrong reg into one of those machines. I also got a penalty notice from the private car park operator. I emailed back explaining the mistake and they were cool about it and cancelled the penalty.

In any case, they don't have a strong position to chase you for the penalty, even if they try to enforce it. In the event they won't cancel (and I'd be surprised if the wont') sit tight and don't pay

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ha! I was reading this and smiling at other's silliness then I went for a shave. I'm staying in a hotel as I'm working away from home for a few days. So I open the suitcase, reach for my shaver and find a shoe. The shoe that I'd had in my other hand when I was packing my case. I'm guessing my shaver is in the bottom of the wardrobe at home. Bugger.

Top Bottom