Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I cut up my new credit card instead of the old one. Only discovered when I tried to use the old one!

An early senior moment in my case, around 30 years ago new set of bank cards arrived for our new joint account.

I sorted them out into two piles, Hers and Mine, and signed all in my pile.

You guessed it, I signed the wrong pile...

D

Deleted member 26715

We've bought my father a pair of slippers for Christmas a couple of weeks ago, a nice pair from M&S, we remember buying them, we remember putting them in the plastic bag, we remember walking around the shopping centre with the bag on my arm, but can we hell as find them, we have no idea where they are, we've searched the car, we've searched the house.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
We've bought my father a pair of slippers for Christmas a couple of weeks ago, a nice pair from M&S, we remember buying them, we remember putting them in the plastic bag, we remember walking around the shopping centre with the bag on my arm, but can we hell as find them, we have no idea where they are, we've searched the car, we've searched the house.
Just wait till Boxing Day - they'll turn up.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Toenail clippers. I used them last night, now they have disappeared. MrsP wanted them and I have searched the usual places:angry:

D

Deleted member 26715

Just wait till Boxing Day - they'll turn up.
Guess what they turned up yesterday, last year the Christmas tree box fell apart so we bought 4 long storage boxes, the boxes had been brought down from the loft so the tree could be put up, the slippers must have been put in one of them & then taken upstairs to the spare room, as they were at the bottom of 4 they couldn't be seen.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Toenail clippers. I used them last night, now they have disappeared. MrsP wanted them and I have searched the usual places:angry:
They turned up yesterday in MrsP's dressing gown pocket.

gbb

Legendary Member
Today I decided to change the worn nylon linear bearings on a machine, they're ok but could do with changing to eliminate some play.
Spent 1 hour stripping it back to get access....to find it's an old machine that requires whole assemblies, it's not user serviceable.
Ah well.

Then I thought.....:dry:...been here before. Maybe a year ago I had the same idea, same machine...and came to the same conclusion :biggrin:

Just as well it works ok with the worn bearings.

D

Deleted member 26715

cos his own dressing gown would have clashed with his wincyette nightie
Mmmm, before it was him just wearing her dressing gown, now it's you knowing what he was wearing underneath, are you two more than just 'friends' ?

Top Bottom