Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Just paid my tax for the year, then read the letter from the accountant properly to find that I had only paid the balance due, only to find there is a large apyment on account to pay as well.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Last night I settled down to watch a film and as my wife complains about the noise whilst she's in her craft room, I put on the headphones like I always do. As the opening scenes started I thought the volume was a bit low so I turned it up to comfortable levels with the remote. A few minutes later I look up to see my wife staring at me with an astonished and pained expression. Turns out I hadn't plugged the headphones in and had turned the volume up to max so I could hear the film through what had become ear defenders.
I did similar as a teenager, coming in from the pub and listening to Elvis Costello on my headphones. Dad wondered what the hell I was doing playing music so loud at 1am. Headphone wasn't plugged in :laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Last night I settled down to watch a film and as my wife complains about the noise whilst she's in her craft room, I put on the headphones like I always do. As the opening scenes started I thought the volume was a bit low so I turned it up to comfortable levels with the remote. A few minutes later I look up to see my wife staring at me with an astonished and pained expression. Turns out I hadn't plugged the headphones in and had turned the volume up to max so I could hear the film through what had become ear defenders.

Lucky it wasn't a 70s scandinavian "art movie"

We went swimming this morning. Our usual practice is to park in a road close to the pool, thus avoiding car park charge.
Today there was no room in the road so we parked in the car park.
After our swim we nipped over to a supermarket about 100 yards away, for a couple of odds and ends.
On leaving the supermarket, I set off in the direction of the road where we normally park. Mrs S had to remind me that we weren't parked there.......

PaulSB

Legendary Member
After retiring last May I bought a car to replace my company car which was a far higher spec than the one I purchased. For the past five years I’ve had an electronic hand brake which the vehicle applied automatically when the ignition was switched off.

After a couple of near misses I developed a coping strategy of glancing at the handbrake to make sure it is on.

Weekend before last I was late for the football. After the match I returned to the car in the club’s car park to find it had gently rolled forward from its’ space and come to rest across the access road.

After retiring last May I bought a car to replace my company car which was a far higher spec than the one I purchased. For the past five years I’ve had an electronic hand brake which the vehicle applied automatically when the ignition was switched off.

After a couple of near misses I developed a coping strategy of glancing at the handbrake to make sure it is on.

Weekend before last I was late for the football. After the match I returned to the car in the club’s car park to find it had gently rolled forward from its’ space and come to rest across the access road.
That's one way of getting out of the car park before anybody else.:okay:

D

Deleted member 26715

Lucky it wasn't a 70s scandinavian "art movie"
Once staying in a B&B in the early/mid 80's whilst on a training course at Harrogate, came back to the house after a couple of jars in the pub only to find about 8 couples watching a 'Blue Movie' it was of Swedish origin (allegedly), dubbed into German with French subtitles, they asked me if I could translate any of it, after watching for a couple of minutes I came to the conclusion translation wasn't required. Funny isn't it how you remember these things from 30+ years ago, but I can't remember breakfast yesterday.

screenman

Legendary Member
Backing out of the cubicle in the mixed sex changing rooms without putting me speedo's on first.

Not happened yet but I live in fear of it happening and Pam is sure that it will at some point.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Some completely true cycling moments.

Within my club we have a small group of retired people, myself included, aged early 60s to 70s. We run an informal group known as Hilly Wednesday which rides at “pensioners’ pace” - the occasional youngster who tags along only makes the wrong assumption the first time!!

Out with the group a few months after getting my new disc braked summer bike three of us stood at the roadside scratching our heads wondering how to release the new straight through quick release.

There’s a young woman, mid 30s, who joins us from time to time - we refer to her as our carer. On one glorious, sunny day we all felt on top of the world and were acting particularly daft prompting her to remark “It’s a good thing there’s five of you, it means you’ve got a full set of senses between you!!”

One of the best occurred on a regular Friday ride. After some miles one rider remarked how uncomfortable his saddle felt ........ sometime later it was mentioned to him his bib shorts were inside out!!!!

wonderloaf

Veteran
My best (worst?) senior moment was on along haul trip to the Far East, fell asleep reading a book and on waking up noticed I didn't have my glasses on. After much panicked searching and making the rest of the row get up and look around for me the chap next to me pointed out that they were on the top of my head :banghead:. What made this even worse was that said chap thought he owned the armrest and we were having 'elbow wars' so this made him feel even more superior. On the upside at least I didn't have to get into any inane chat with him, it was steely glares for the rest of the flight although strangely didn't have the armrest problem!

postman

Legendary Member
One of the best occurred on a regular Friday ride. After some miles one rider remarked how uncomfortable his saddle felt ........ sometime later it was mentioned to him his bib shorts were inside out!!!!

Superb Supermam moment,i love it.

Fasting blood test booked:

fast duly observed from 6pm the previous night - no booze, no food, no tea/coffee no problem. Of course the first thing I did when I woke was get myself a nice mug of tea and a round of toast and cycled off to the nurse and proudly announced that fasting the previous evening was no problem - followed by a long silence when she asked whether I had anything to eat that morning:scratch:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Just skimmed through this thread for the first time and can identify with some of the stories - very funny.

I've seen the young make similar mistakes, one of them being a classmate on the day of our Maths A-level exam (1980s).
Talk about exam stress - he had left his car, locking it manually leaving the keys in the ignition, parked in public.

He only missed his keys 4 hours later, and had a few moments of panic before retracing his steps. He'd left the engine running too.

Top Bottom