Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozz360

Veteran
One morning, I tried to shave using my calculator. I was 21.63478943215 at the time.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Out riding last night as the light began to fade I noticed that a lot of cars had yellow coloured lights on.

Thinking I had missed some new law or whether perhaps these new coloured lights were a lot better I Googled around trying to find more info - but nothing.

I then remembered that I had put on my yellow lenses to grab a bit more light :ohmy:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A caving friend was commenting that he needed to buy a new caving lamp as the one he was using was getting quite dim and maybe past is best. Another friend suggested he tried removing his clip on sunglasses first

Two days ago, as I pulled the front door open, my keyring broke and keys went everywhere. I gathered them all up and got inside but the front door key was missing and I could not find it anywhere. I worried about it all day yesterday only to find it in the lock when I got home

:shy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Half way through my sandwich at lunchtime, I was wondering why I couldn't really taste the cheese.
On investigation, I discovered that the 2 slices of bread that I'd got out of the freezer this morning had never actually been turned into a sandwich.
I'd intended to add 2 slices of jarlsberg.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Half way through my sandwich at lunchtime, I was wondering why I couldn't really taste the cheese.
On investigation, I discovered that the 2 slices of bread that I'd got out of the freezer this morning had never actually been turned into a sandwich.
If Jarlsberg did cheese sandwiches ...

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Diet cheese

D

Deleted member 26715

My latest blooper was laying laminate on Sunday afternoon in the back bedroom trying to get it finished before the sun set (no lights in room, been removed for decorating) losing the pencil & unable to find it anywhere even though I'd only just used it. Went downstairs, out to the workshop, back upstairs almost to the point of throwing things around only to remove the pencil from my mouth to ask my wife if she'd seen it.

Joey Shabadoo

My latest blooper was laying laminate on Sunday afternoon in the back bedroom trying to get it finished before the sun set (no lights in room, been removed for decorating) losing the pencil & unable to find it anywhere even though I'd only just used it. Went downstairs, out to the workshop, back upstairs almost to the point of throwing things around only to remove the pencil from my mouth to ask my wife if she'd seen it.

We lifted laminate in the hall a couple of months ago, partly because we wanted carpet but also because the laminate was squeaking, creaking and had started to distort in one area. Discovered the problem - whoever laid the laminate had left their pencil underneath :cursing:

Joey Shabadoo

Last night I settled down to watch a film and as my wife complains about the noise whilst she's in her craft room, I put on the headphones like I always do. As the opening scenes started I thought the volume was a bit low so I turned it up to comfortable levels with the remote. A few minutes later I look up to see my wife staring at me with an astonished and pained expression. Turns out I hadn't plugged the headphones in and had turned the volume up to max so I could hear the film through what had become ear defenders.

As I left the house i scooped up a bunch of change from the side and put it in my pocket.

At the bar just now I said "oooh, look, I've grabbed an old style 50p!"

The bar tender asked for a look at it as she didn't know there'd even been an old style 50p and with her youthful eyes was able to read the date on it: "oh, 1994, that was the year I was born"

Top Bottom