Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My elderly frail brother explained why boil a kettle of water just to make a cuppa when it’s quicker and cheaper to use the microwave
Use a jug kettle and only boil enough for one cuppa/mug?

Apart from the dangers of doing it, I don't believe that boiling water in a microwave oven is cheaper than doing it using a kettle.

I halved and stoned a nectarine the other day and then threw the nectarine flesh in the bin and kept the stone in my hand
I like to add a few raisins to my porridge. I have a tupperware box for storing unused raisins. I made porridge in a saucepan, cut the top of a new 500g bag of raisins, opened the tupperware box and then poured all 500g of raisins into the porridge! :wacko:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Not directly committed by me but - while working as a programmer in the IT department of a previous employer, the following things occurred:

On asking for a copy of some problematic records on a disk - I received a fax of a 5 inch black square with a hole in it

On discovering their screen was blank when arriving at work, someone called an engineer all the way down from Newcastle, just to turn the brightness knob up, that was probably turned down accidentally by the cleaning staff.

A member of staff was taken to the nearby hospital with a self-inflicted neck injury, attempting to copy his colleague's ability to "Click" his neck, when turning it to the side.

The same member of staff was involved in a minor road incident on returning from said hospital journey, due largely to the fact that the driver (his clicky-necked colleague) was laughing so much.

pawl

Legendary Member
Use a jug kettle and only boil enough for one cuppa/mug?

Apart from the dangers of doing it, I don't believe that boiling water in a microwave oven is cheaper than doing it using a kettle.

I like to add a few raisins to my porridge. I have a tupperware box for storing unused raisins. I made porridge in a saucepan, cut the top of a new 500g bag of raisins, opened the tupperware box and then poured all 500g of raisins into the porridge! :wacko:

Bit difficult to change him know,he died in 2003.I will try a seance but I don’t think he will respond.He could be a stubborn old sod

pawl

Legendary Member
I gave up doing my porridge in the microwave because I always miscalculated and ended up with 'porridge napalm' splatted all over the inside of the oven! :laugh:

With me it’s heating tinned sardines to put on my toast.looks like the chainsaw massacre.After several rollicking from Mrs P i now put them on the toast then under the grill to heat up.Simples

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Put a sheet of kitchen paper over anything that's likely to splatter in the microwave :smile:.

What do you do if it won't stay still? :laugh:

Gremlin.png

wormo

Guru
I'll claim this as a senior moment even though i was in my early 20s. Drop my car at Kwik Fit at 8.30, drove on ramp.Picked up by colleague and taken to a client 30 miles away. Rang up mid afternoon to get progress. Welcomed with a pissed off manager who asked if I happened to still have my keys. Whoops

To make matters worse, I had also locked the car. One of two ramps out of action all day.

Oh how we laughed when I turned up at 5.30.

petek

Über Member
Continuing senior micro-wave senior moments here.
For the life of me I cannot remember the three stage process to set it when MrsP goes away for a few days.
She has to leave me written instructions every time.
The two regular ovens in there are things of enduring mystery, never have used those nor ever shall.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Years ago when my daughter was 8 years old.............Mrs Dave was in hospital after having our 2nd.
So I was picking said 8 year old up from school..........dead easy.
Sat in the office at 16:30 one of the girls asked "aren't you picking you daughter up at 15:30".
Mobile phones still a future invention I shot off to the school. Fortunately one of the teachers was still working and had her in the class room.
I (stupidly) thought I had got away with it...........until my sweet little daughter told my wife that Daddy had left her outside school.

pawl

Legendary Member
Continuing senior micro-wave senior moments here.
For the life of me I cannot remember the three stage process to set it when MrsP goes away for a few days.
She has to leave me written instructions every time.
The two regular ovens in there are things of enduring mystery, never have used those nor ever shall.

Mrs P did the same for me when she went the states to visit reels,great
Only problem was I couldn’t remember where safe place she had put them in.

Top Bottom