Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Went to the hall cupboard which is quite small, removed the coats that are hung there not in the pegs, lifted up the ironing board & removed it from the cupboard, only to then realise I actually went in there for the vacuum cleaner.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Last night I settled down to watch a film and as my wife complains about the noise whilst she's in her craft room, I put on the headphones like I always do. As the opening scenes started I thought the volume was a bit low so I turned it up to comfortable levels with the remote. A few minutes later I look up to see my wife staring at me with an astonished and pained expression. Turns out I hadn't plugged the headphones in and had turned the volume up to max so I could hear the film through what had become ear defenders.
Oh dear, I do something like that! :laugh:

I am hard of hearing so I turn the TV sound up quite loud. I have a powerful soundbar which can go unpleasantly loud if I overdo it.

I tend to watch TV after midnight, sometimes until 03:00. Being a considerate person, I switch to headphones after about 21:00 to avoid annoying my neighbours. The thing is, I sometimes forget to turn the soundbar off ... The technology is too clever for its own good. If I turn my Freesat box on and it detects that the TV is not already on, it turns the TV on for me. If the TV then detects that the soundbar is not on, it switches that on for me, even if I intend to use headphones instead. I need to remember to turn it back off.

My headphones are permanently plugged in because the socket is hidden round the back of the set and extremely tricky to access (the TV is fixed in place, preventing me pulling it forward to get at the headphone socket).

I have been caught out a few times and taken the headphones off at the end of my TV session, only then to be blasted by the soundbar. I hope that my neighbours sleep through the racket ... :whistle:

Because I am terrible at mislaying my keys, I have a set place in the house where I always put them, unless I am going out, in which case they go into my coat pocket, and are replaced into their regular safe place as soon as I come in, before I so much as take my coat off.

A few weeks back, my keys were not in their regular place. Harsh words were spoken between Mrs S and myself, on the basis that she had obviously borrowed them and not put them back. She vehemently denied having any involvement. Her command of colloquial Anglo Saxon was amazingly fluent......

We went to bed that night in stony silence. It never occurred to me that I had popped out to the garage for a screwdriver, to change a bulb in the back of an electric fire.

The next morning I found them in the garage door, in plain view of the street. Not only the house and garage keys, but my keys for both cars!

Humble Pie was the dish of the day...........

GM

Legendary Member
Another one about keys. Which I'm getting quite worried about as I've done it several times. When I pull up and park the car outside the house I get out and lock with the fob, walk up to the front door point the car keys at the door and press the fob again only realising what I've done when I see the hazard lights of the car flash behind me. :crazy:

screenman

Legendary Member
Another one about keys. Which I'm getting quite worried about as I've done it several times. When I pull up and park the car outside the house I get out and lock with the fob, walk up to the front door point the car keys at the door and press the fob again only realising what I've done when I see the hazard lights of the car flash behind me. :crazy:

I have been known to try and roll down the garage door by clicking the car key.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
The things that I lose the most often are keys, glasses and watches. I have more than one watch and pairs of glasses but keys are more stressful to lose! Having large, bright keyrings do help, but leaving them absent mindedly in random places is unfortunately too frequent.

Using the contactless card reader:

Me: "Has it gone through?"
Bar Tender: "Yes, that's what that beep means"
Me: "What beep :scratch:?"

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Last week, busy petrol station. As I pulled up to the pumps I could see the queue was almost out the door (it's one of those where people go shopping for some bizarre reason). Grumbling and muttering under my breath I joined the queue of about a dozen people and shuffled forward slowly. Finally I make it to the front.

Pump 6 please.

Sorry, which pump?

Pump 6.

Er, there hasn't been any fuel dispensed from that pump.

Doh!

D

Deleted member 26715

I accused my daughter of not giving me back my car keys the other day after she'd borrowed it, and it turned out that she'd hidden them in my coat pocket. :whistle:
How we laughed...
Fetched a new(er) car on Friday, went out & moved it Saturday morning, moved the old car to clean it, then could not find keys to new car, 30 minutes later despite having searched old car 3 times they were in plain via on the passenger seat,
I was not laughing then, but can do now :laugh:

wonderloaf

Veteran
Went into Decathlon yesterday to buy a base layer, couldn't decide on whether to get black or white (I'm very indecisive ...I think) so had both in my hand, but decided on the black and thought I'd put the white one back.
On getting home both the black and white were in the bag, I'm absolutely certain I put the white one back!
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it ....

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I put a new jar of coffee in the bread bin the other day. Bought it at the same time as a loaf. Spent ten minutes looking for it, wondering if I actually did buy one....:blush:. Gawd...54 in June, looking forward to more momentary lapses!.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Thing is, although I can laugh at these ditzy moments I sometimes worry because my job involves keeping a lot of information in my head. Getting things mixed up, forgetting things and the like won't be regarded as funny by my boss if it happens too often.

Top Bottom