Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Picked my car up the other week after a service. Drove home and the radio wasn't working. Went back to the garage and complained that they had obviously done something to it while it was in. The mechanic looked at me, pressed the button and said 'Have you tried turning it on?'
Doh!

pawl

Legendary Member
I have put the tea bag in the kettle before now.

Is there any other way.

My elderly brother was due for discharge from hospital as he was quite frail the OTdecided on a home assessment prior to discharge,as part of the assessment was asked to make a cup of tea.Took a cup from the cupboard pooped in a tea bag.Filled cup with cold water and put in the microwave.OT asked what he thought he was doing. My elderly frail brother explained why boil a kettle of water just to make a cuppa when it’s quicker and cheaper to use the microwave
A non seinior moment from a95 year old

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My recent 'senior moment' wass hitting the switch on the coffee machine only to watch the coffee pouring into the ullage tray, me having forgotten to put a cup under the spout :cry:

Oh I did something similar to that in a bar. Cleaned the pipes, closed all the beertaps, connected up the kegs, went to do something else.

A couple of hours later, called to the upstairs bar by a horrified barmaid to find I hadn't closed all the beertaps. 88 pints of Guinness in a 2" lake on the floor :blush:

postman

Legendary Member
Late 90's i suffered a great deal with acid reflux.So i was sent for a camera down my throat at the LGI.i was the last patient of the day.Did i want to be put out or could i just have my throat frozen.Freeze my throat i said.So he took a TORCH to look down it.He said right,ok.
I replied oh that was easy.
Numpty.

It was the first of a few visits down my throat,it is not a nice feeling.

D

Deleted member 26715

Not me, but the best one I've seen was my boss in my 1st job, who, whilst I was sat in the office with him, proceeded to enter the phone number he was about to ring.....into the calculator and then put it to his ear :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I was trying to phone my unwell father a few weeks ago, he's 93, entered his number, engaged, waited 5 minutes, pressed redial, engaged, waited 5 minutes, pressed redial, engaged, this goes on for over an hour by which time I'm getting worried then I noticed the number I was dialling, I was trying to call myself not him!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Is there any other way.

My elderly brother was due for discharge from hospital as he was quite frail the OTdecided on a home assessment prior to discharge,as part of the assessment was asked to make a cup of tea.Took a cup from the cupboard pooped in a tea bag. Filled cup with cold water and put in the microwave.OT asked what he thought he was doing. My elderly frail brother explained why boil a kettle of water just to make a cuppa when it’s quicker and cheaper to use the microwave
A non seinior moment from a95 year old
Can't have been the best cuppa made though!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A tale from The Grocer

A large hardware store in the Lake District serving a scattered, rural population. An elderly lady is in on one of her infrequent shopping trips and mentions in passing that her grandson had bought her a new-fangled fax machine.

" Oh that's useful" said the shopkeeper. "Instead of coming in and ordering stuff that you collect on your next visit, just send us a fax a few days before and we'll have your order waiting for you"

A couple of months go by before the customer is seen again, but this time she's quite irate.

"I faxed you my order a week ago and you promised it would be ready. Why isn't it here?"

The shopkeeper is very apologetic and checks the fax records but on the day she says she sent the fax, all the messages are accounted for.

Except one. A strange fax that just had the shop address on it.

"Madam" asks the shopkeeper, "tell me exactly what you did when you faxed it"

"Well, I wrote my order out, put it in an envelope, addressed it then put it in the fax machine

^_^

Top Bottom