Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Contactless payment! :tongue:
When all shops accept it, yes!

Oldbloke

Guru
Went shopping on Thursday, feeling rough. At the butcher's counter I ordered a few things then asked(mumbling in Essex French) for some viande hache (minced steak)

The butcher misunderstood me and came back with a huge bag of scraps/cuttings/ends from his bin, must have felt sorry for me so didn't have the heart to put him right!

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I've got the ultimate solution to the problem of being given the wrong change ... From now on, I will carry only 1p pieces and will count out the exact number required to pay the bill! :laugh:

Only if you're spending 20 pence, or less :okay:.

Coinage Act 1971

2 Legal tender.
(1) Gold coins shall be legal tender for payment of any amount, but shall not be legal tender if their weight has become less than that specified in Schedule 1 to this Act, or in the proclamation under which they are made, as the least current weight.

(1A) Subject to any provision made by proclamation under section 3 of this Act, coins of cupro-nickel, silver or bronze shall be legal tender as follows—

(a) coins of cupro-nickel or silver of denominations of more than 10 pence, for payment of any amount not exceeding £10;

(b) coins of cupro-nickel or silver of denominations of not more than 10 pence, for payment of any amount not exceeding £5;

(c) coins of bronze, for payment of any amount not exceeding 20 pence.

I've got the ultimate solution to the problem of being given the wrong change ... From now on, I will carry only 1p pieces and will count out the exact number required to pay the bill! :laugh:

I had the ultimate "Senior Moment"

In a local shop and bought some vittles, then took my change out of my pocket.

At which point the girl behind the counter reached across and started taking the correct money as "she could see I had enough change"

I am NOT that old yet

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I'll just finish reading this page and then go to the incredibly interesting site that I must, must take a look at asap.

30 seconds later finishes reading page.

Long pause. Stares at screen.

WTF was that site I was just about to check?

D

Deleted member 1258

Took a ride on the Honda 125 with Jannie last weekend. We rode on a road we use regularly on our bikes. We came to a T junction and turned right and Jannie said "Your on the cycle path". My brain was in neutral.

Very similar, theres a roundabout where I used to turn right, when I was commuting on the bike, then drop into the bus lane. On a number of occasions I've turned right there in the car and almost dropped into the bus lane. Its been about six years since I did that commute, you would have thought I would have lost the habit by now. :wacko:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
After Tim's race (my youngest) I put the bike* on the bike rack and drove off.

Only 10 miles later did I realise I'd not done up the frame straps; it was being held on the rack at 70mph by a lightweight wheel strap only :eek:

* note that this isn't a basic bike; it's worth more than all of my home-built bikes put together. It's probably worth more than the car it was supposed to be attached to :banghead: , not that my car's worth a fortune either!

Last edited:
Top Bottom