Senior Moment of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
When I can't find stuff, the wife tells me to check the fridge. It's amazing how many times I've put car keys, remote controls, glasses etc in there.

tyred

Legendary Member
An elderly aunt had went to the supermarket and came out and couldn't find her car, reported it stolen, then remembered she had left it in a garage to get some work done and had gone to the supermarket in the courtesy car the garage had given her!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I regularly put my glasses down to do something close up, get distracted, wander off, then can't find my glasses because I'm too short sighted :cry:
A 62 year old mate mate has just been round to use my bike stand to work on his bike. He had forgotten to bring his glasses so he borrowed mine. He then forgot to give them back and went off with them flipped up on top of his head. Fortunately, I spotted them before he was out of sight and retrieved them. If I
hadn't, no doubt I would be looking for them now and wondering where I could possibly have left them!

D

Deleted member 1258

A Morris Minor boot key can open a Hillman Hunter.

Why do I remember these things??...

I remember the 1970's fad for top boxes on motorcycles, it was surprising just how many top boxes one top box key would open.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Anyone else tried to make a phone call using the TV remote?

I was on schedule to arrive for a meeting in Northampton, before the days of sat nav.
Drove round looking for the right road - couldn't seem to find it.
Pulled up and asked some locals...... never heard of it. So in frustration I retrieved the address from the car to show them.
"That address says Northampton, Mate. You're in Nottingham you muppett".
I was late for my meeting. Very late.

Senior moment? I was 26 :laugh:

Ganymede

Veteran
I regularly put my glasses down to do something close up, get distracted, wander off, then can't find my glasses because I'm too short sighted :cry:
I do this too.
I've related this senior moment a few times on here already, but in the interests of making @Katherine 's mum feel better...
Thanks for this - though it's Katherine herself but my Mum. All grist to the mill! I think this is a very cheering thread.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last week I put something in the car and set off to drive 21 miles to work. Got to work and realised I'd left my laptop at home. So I drove back and got it and was in the office not long after 09.00. Annoying, but luckily the traffic was at school holiday level.

Top Bottom