Serious cycling thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Do all the serious cyclists need a day off on a Friday?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Archie_tect said:
Of course, that's their rest day preparing for typing all week-end.

Of course if tyred was really a serious cyclist then they would have already known that

Davidc

Guru
tyred said:
I'm too busy drilling holes in my bike to lighten it to notice what the others are up to.

If you were a really serious serious cyclist who was serious about becoming more serious you'd just cut a section out of each of the tubes of the frame with a seriously sharp hacksaw, which would give you a serious weight loss much more quickly than mucking about with a much less serious implement like a seriously undersized 3/8" drill, with which you'd have to bore a seriously large number of holes to make a serious difference.

Edit: And you'd change your name to bonj as well.

tyred

Legendary Member
Well now that I have a lightweight frame full of holes, I'm looking at what else I could lighten.

I'm wondering why the DT shifters are so long. I might cut a bit off them.:smile:

I'm also on the lookout for some thinner handlebar tape. The existing is too thick and therefroe too heavy.

Brahan

Über Member
That's a serious looking tyre.

tyred

Legendary Member
snorri said:
For sale.. Oor Wullie annuals from 1945 to present.
Seller looking to become a Serious cyclist.:smile:

I'd love to buy them but if I want to be a serious cyclist, I can't be seen to be laughing at comic annuals.

I'll buy something non-funny instead. Like Crime and Punishmentxx(

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
tyred said:
I'm also on the lookout for some thinner handlebar tape. The existing is too thick and therefroe too heavy.

This is what I use

clingfilm.jpg

lukesdad

Mmmmm.... have to ask the sheep about this thread on my way to work. They re seriously serious about my style they watch every turn of the cranks. Jimbo you should listen to the sheep more often !:biggrin:

jimboalee

lukesdad said:
Mmmmm.... have to ask the sheep about this thread on my way to work. They re seriously serious about my style they watch every turn of the cranks. Jimbo you should listen to the sheep more often !:biggrin:

Sheep are stupid.

I listen to the horses instead and they say:-

"There goes a man doing all the work himself. He's riding that thing faster than we can canter - wow! He must be serious".

Top Bottom