Set forwad seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Porcia

Dose anyone know if you can get such a thing please, I tried reversing the seatpost but that dose not work put the saddle pointing up, I'm trying to get the tip of the saddle over the centre line of the bottom bracket and have run out of rail.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi, do you mean a layback seat post, like this?
You can get many different sizes (measures?) of layback, have a wee google.
It's sometimes also called offset bike seat post.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Anway can i ask why you want the saddle nose over the BB ?
A generally accepted starting point is KOPS
ea75d4e9b5df99e55a657342b32981c9.jpg

OP
OP
Porcia

Porcia

Anway can i ask why you want the saddle nose over the BB ?
A generally accepted starting point is KOPS
View attachment 431390
I'm trying to get a 78° seatpost angle rather than the 73° to get more comfortable in aero position.

Sharky

Guru
This sort of thing …….

FF Seatpost.jpg

I've since gone back to an in-line seat post. Last year, I was recovering from a fractured pelvis and had to have the seat further forward than normal as I couldn't ride on the nose of the saddle.

Eventually I decided that a further back position, enabled me to spread out more and I think gives me a more aero and efficient position.
But it is worth experimenting with.

Also worth noting my cranks - 150mm, to enable a higher saddle and more comfortable when bending forward.

None of it makes me go any faster though.

OP
OP
Porcia

Porcia

This sort of thing …….

View attachment 431414

I've since gone back to an in-line seat post. Last year, I was recovering from a fractured pelvis and had to have the seat further forward than normal as I couldn't ride on the nose of the saddle.

Eventually I decided that a further back position, enabled me to spread out more and I think gives me a more aero and efficient position.
But it is worth experimenting with.

Also worth noting my cranks - 150mm, to enable a higher saddle and more comfortable when bending forward.

None of it makes me go any faster though.
That's the sort of post I need,
Nice looking bike BTW

Top Bottom