Setting up as the village bike mechanic, tool sharpener etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Some of you know that I am building a house in the country with a big warm well-lit workshop.

Once we've settled in I plan to offer bike repairs and servicing, tool sharpening and simple vasectomies and other stuff to villagers, just to keep me busy.

Has anybody ever done this?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Vasectomised a villager? No.

No chance.

Mrs M

Guru
Some of you know that I am building a house in the country with a big warm well-lit workshop.

Once we've settled in I plan to offer bike repairs and servicing, tool sharpening and simple vasectomies and other stuff to villagers, just to keep me busy.

Has anybody ever done this?
Never done anything like this.
Happy to see you planning ahead.
Best wishes.
xx

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Never carried out a vasectomy, but its got to be easier than finding the damn squeak on my bike.
Good luck with it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you could stand having random strangers stopping by, how about sticking a yurt at the far end of your garden and running a part-time outdoor cycling/walking B&B?

I'm interested in knowing if 'vasectomies' was an auto-correction, and if so, what was it supposed to say?! :whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Two thoughts:

1. It's good to see you're considering what to do when you're settling in. I can see you being busy during the summer periods with people on the NCN7.

2. Make sure you've got idemnity insurance just in case. It's highly unlikely it'll be needed but is worthwhile; from memory SWMBO pays £20 a year just in case her advice kills someone as a Dietitian. She never has as far as I know, but ...

She never has as far as I know, but ...
How long does she have to maintain if for after she stops giving advice? Just thinking in the professional tax and accounting world you can be sued at a later date for misguided advice at a previous point in time.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
How long does she have to maintain if for after she stops giving advice? Just thinking in the professional tax and accounting world you can be sued at a later date for misguided advice at a previous point in time.

It should be just for the time period in which she's operating and seeing patients. As a Dietitian she's mostly NHS but is also freelance and a Nutritionist with the insurance being for her private work. My understanding from the t&c's is litigation at a later date is OK if she's insured for when she saw the patient / gave training or advice.

Top Bottom