Seven Must Have Accessories for Cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It all depends on what you see as relevant. Some people cover more grids in a day than I do in a week.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
GPS? Might as well carry a map then view it down a cardboard tube.
I like my GPS. I have no sense of direction. I got lost in Norwich Library once. Worked there at the time. I really like the 'take me back to the start' function :smile:

I don't have a 'proper' buff but I have several clones. My aldi non polar fleecy bit one is my favourite. In the summer I wet it, under the tap, and wear it around my neck to keep me cool on hot days. It's brilliant. I have clone polar fleece ones too. Probably have about a dozen of the things all told. People buy them for me for Christmas :smile:

cubey

Über Member
Essential items, disposable gloves for that inevitable mechanical that covers the hands in oil and road dirt.^_^ Always carry two pair just in case I come across a fellow cyclist in despair.

Alex H

Legendary Member
A quad lock? Apparently to hold your 'phone if you can't afford a gps, but a 'phone isn't included in the list of seven items:rolleyes:.

I don't own a smartphone or a bike GPS, so had to search for "quad lock' - was surprised to find it was a holder for something, not a security device :blush:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What a pointless web page. Seven things ranging from legally required under some circumstances (lights), important (pump), handy (buff), through to "fills a need that you might or might not have" (phone holder thingy).

You could equally add Shoes! Banana holder! Spoke reflectors! Bearings!

Last edited:

rrarider

Veteran
I take back my earlier comment about tyre levers, as I see that the multi_tool holds detachable versions. I don't know what you would do with them, without a spare tube or repair kit though. I wonder how they would fare getting my Kevlar beaded tyres off my MA40s?

Top Bottom