Seven police cars parked up as boy racers use road as a race track

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Assuming said boy-racers are in legal cars, a mobile speed camera van would urinate on their parade quite effectively.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Get the registrations, model and colour and give them to Lancashire Police. They are happy to take a report from the public, it helps them to build a picture of the driver's behaviour.

If you really want to get riled go and check out all the Police vehicles parked at the motorway cop shop at the Tickled Trout junction on the M6 Preston exit.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Even though it's classed as a police station it's hardly open. Mmm,what do you think they'd say if i went in and asked why the cars aren't being driven in the pursuit of enforcing law and order, I suppose as someone who pays towards these vehicles through my community charge (or whatever it's called these days)and i have a right to know why they seem to be parked up more than driven.

If they say we haven't enough officers available to drive the vehicles,then maybe those who run the police force should get rid of some of the cars.
If you really want to know, there will be people you can ask. Local councillor, MP, police and crime commissioner etc. Maybe even just the local nick. Bang a few emails out, you may get some informative replies.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I had a conversation about this very subject yesterday with a mate who has been a PCSO since retiring from the military a few years ago. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years and asked if he is still a PCSO. He told me he is and then said that in his force, PCSOs are routinely deployed to drive police vehicles and deployed to incidents that at one time fully trained cops with full powers would have been deployed to. He said because of the cuts, there are now more cars than cops and they can more or less take their pick of vehicles. If it is the same in Lancs that might explain why those cop cars don't move when the boy racers arrive.

PCSOs were not intended to be used (or should that be abused?) in that way, but it's the policing in the cheap that was predicted when they cam in, and which the Government at that time denied would happen. I wonder if the 10,000 extra police officers promised by Labour if they win the election will, in reality, be PCSOs.

It's no good asking us lot, we aren't plod !

Well if they're anything like my Nick the reasons are legions. Let's start with massive cuts to numbers, how does 11 officers for 360000 people grab you? No 24hr stations anymore. Vehicles parked up as there is no one to drive them.
Getting authority to pursue without a myriad of tactics in place is nigh on impossible even if you are lucky to be appropriately trained, so you will have no chance of a pursuit being authorised on a legit but antisocial dick on a car, and if it goes slightly wrong it's the Bobbie grabbing the rail not the scrote.
You want to complain about empty cars parked at an empty Nick I suggest you contact your local Tory MP as there are 20000 less of us since they took charge.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well if they're anything like my Nick the reasons are legions. Let's start with massive cuts to numbers, how does 11 officers for 360000 people grab you? No 24hr stations anymore. Vehicles parked up as there is no one to drive them.
Getting authority to pursue without a myriad of tactics in place is nigh on impossible even if you are lucky to be appropriately trained, so you will have no chance of a pursuit being authorised on a legit but antisocial dick on a car, and if it goes slightly wrong it's the Bobbie grabbing the rail not the scrote.
You want to complain about empty cars parked at an empty Nick I suggest you contact your local Tory MP as there are 20000 less of us since they took charge.
None of them at present either.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
He doesn't know the size of fleet they have, how many officers are on a particular shift, how many are out walking the beat, anything!!

Police cars parked outside the police station could be because they are inside processing criminals. Essentially, it's a stupid question, and not one any of us can answer!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Even though it's classed as a police station it's hardly open. Mmm,what do you think they'd say if i went in and asked why the cars aren't being driven in the pursuit of enforcing law and order, I suppose as someone who pays towards these vehicles through my community charge (or whatever it's called these days)and i have a right to know why they seem to be parked up more than driven.

If they say we haven't enough officers available to drive the vehicles,then maybe those who run the police force should get rid of some of the cars.
Again, you are asking questions I could not possibly know the answer to. Go and knock on the door and ask. Or rise it with your local MP or newspaper. Take photos as evidence and post them on the police force page on Facebook.

There may be a perfectly sound reason why they are parked there. But you wont find the answer on here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Again, you are asking questions I could not possibly know the answer to. Go and knock on the door and ask. Or rise it with your local MP or newspaper. Take photos as evidence and post them on the police force page on Facebook.

There may be a perfectly sound reason why they are parked there. But you wont find the answer on here.
I think the station isn't open to the public. In which case the phone mounted on the wall outside is for emergency use only.(They'll not answer if he were to knock).

Top Bottom