Seven police cars parked up as boy racers use road as a race track

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Police cut backs and we haven't enough officers on the beat are two excuses we often hear for anti social behaviour not being checked. Could someone explain then why every time i pass the local police station i see at least 3 police vehicles parked up. This isn't just for a few minutes either,they can be there for hours. Every night we have boy racers revving their knobhead mobiles,flying around at 60 mph in a 30mph zone. The other night one knobhead even flew past the parked up cop cars,doing what must've been 60mph.:angry:

The Police cars don't drive themselves, whether there are 7 or 3 of them

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm assuming that every car parked up was driven there by a police officer who is in the station. One day i counted 3 cars,2 "riot vans", one of those vans with a camera sticking out the top and a Range Rover.

U

User33236

I had reason to dial 999 a number of years ago when a man turned up at our house regarding at court case we were due to give evidence at the following day.

Moments later 5 officers arrived on foot to give chase, and catch, said individual. It was shorter and quicker to leg it from the nearby station.

No doubt some of their vehicles would still have been parked up there.

Drago

Legendary Member
No such thing as a riot van, only personnel or public order carriers.

PCSOs will also drive marked cars in many, but don't have the power to stop anyone while driving.

JoshM

We (the ambulance service) have more vehicles available to us at most stations than we need for the usual shift. They're there because sometimes ambulances break down, or are involved in accidents, or a subject to criminal damage etc and its quicker to just pick up a new vehicle than have a crew wait until their vehicle is fixed before they become available again'. It also means that on really high demand days like Hogmaney there are enough vehicles to accommodate the extra crews on shift.

Some of the 'spare ambulances' will be kitted out for special types of patients, like our neo natal vehicles and will be specifically kept aside unless needed. Occasionally crews might even be having a short meal break

I imagine the police have similar reasons for vehicles appearing to sit outside a station 'doing nothing'. Certainly my contact with the police tells me that while they're very keen on donuts, they are also very overworked.

classic33

Leg End Member
No such thing as a riot van, only personnel or public order carriers.

PCSOs will also drive marked cars in many, but don't have the power to stop anyone while driving.
There's Video Units(Van's) round these parts.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Certainly my contact with the police tells me that while they're very keen on donuts, they are also very overworked.

article-2513843-19A6D04800000578-458_634x350.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I left the police several years ago. One of the reasons for me leaving was the endless reams of paperwork I had to fill in to get the simplest cases to court. The more complicated the case, the more witnesses, the more paperwork. The more successful you were as a police office, the more time you spent trapped in the police station.

If the op wants to know why there are so many cars parked out of the police station in his town. I am a bit confused as to why he is asking on here. How would we know? Maybe he will get an answer if he calls at the police station.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I left the police several years ago. One of the reasons for me leaving was the endless reams of paperwork I had to fill in to get the simplest cases to court. The more complicated the case, the more witnesses, the more paperwork. The more successful you were as a police office, the more time you spent trapped in the police station.

If the op wants to know why there are so many cars parked out of the police station in his town. I am a bit confused as to why he is asking on here. How would we know? Maybe he will get an answer if he calls at the police station.
Even though it's classed as a police station it's hardly open. Mmm,what do you think they'd say if i went in and asked why the cars aren't being driven in the pursuit of enforcing law and order, I suppose as someone who pays towards these vehicles through my community charge (or whatever it's called these days)and i have a right to know why they seem to be parked up more than driven.

If they say we haven't enough officers available to drive the vehicles,then maybe those who run the police force should get rid of some of the cars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom