Seven police cars parked up as boy racers use road as a race track

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
You might be taking this a teensy bit more seriously than is warranted.

There is that.

I was caught up in the daftness of the question. Questions like 'Do you prefer tomato or brown sauce on a bacon roll?' are easier to discuss on a forum. We have the necessary knowledge for that.

Questions like "I went past my neighbours house and there were lights on in 5 of the rooms but I know for a fact only 2 people live there so do you think they are wasting money and should I say something to them?" take things a bit far. Sometimes it's best not to start a thread if you really can't think of something worthwhile to start. I blame Facebook. "That feeling when you pass the police station and count all the cars you can see ..."

Globalti

Legendary Member
Accy, my neighbour is a PC in the Ribble Valley, based at Blackburn. He tells me that on a typical weekday night there will be about 22 officers on duty in the entire Ribble Valley. On reporting for work usually about half of them will be sent straight away to a permanent post such as guarding a prisoner in hospital or guarding a crime scene. That leaves 10-12 on duty in the entire area for the night. Happily towns like Blackburn are boringly quiet at night because business rates have driven away the nightlife, which has moved to Manchester or, would you believe, Clitheroe, which is easy to reach by free train (there's no means of paying and no fares are ever collected by Northern Fail).

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Accy, my neighbour is a PC in the Ribble Valley, based at Blackburn. He tells me that on a typical weekday night there will be about 22 officers on duty in the entire Ribble Valley. On reporting for work usually about half of them will be sent straight away to a permanent post such as guarding a prisoner in hospital or guarding a crime scene. That leaves 10-12 on duty in the entire area for the night. Happily towns like Blackburn are boringly quiet at night because business rates have driven away the nightlife, which has moved to Manchester or, would you believe, Clitheroe, which is easy to reach by free train (there's no means of paying and no fares are ever collected by Northern Fail).
New "Revenue Protection/Revenue Enforcement Officers" start next month.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
On one hand you have @Accy cyclist complaining of police inactivity in his area in spite of anti social behaviour and then what seems to be over reaction to a situation which wouldn't seem to warrant the OTT response. Would have thought you could have worked that out.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Perhaps they are out on foot, or out on bike, maybe Accy is just a bit lonely & wanted some communication ...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thread revival time.
The boy racers are having a 'burn up'as i post! Outside my flat,the road's speed limit is 30mph (20 when the school's open),but i've just seen a VW Golf fly past at what must be 50 to 60 mph! Outside my flat there's a zebra crossing. If it was a pelican crossing i'd go outside and keep pressing the button to stop these idiots in their tracks!:cursing:

Thread revival time.
The boy racers are having a 'burn up'as i post! Outside my flat,the road's speed limit is 30mph (20 when the school's open),but i've just seen a VW Golf fly past at what must be 50 to 60 mph! Outside my flat there's a zebra crossing. If it was a pelican crossing i'd go outside and keep pressing the button to stop these idiots in their tracks!:cursing:
If they are happy to break the speed limit I'm not sure a little red light will make them behave?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Report it using the non emergency number maybe. Not sure what we can do about it.
Pointless. The police would just say 'they'll look out for them',or something like that. And in reality that's all they can do. To me it's a declining standards in society thing,more than a law and order problem. How/why this banging,popping exhaust thing has been accepted is beyond me. Years ago it was an offence to have an exhaust that made a lot of noise.🧐

I've even mentioned 2 of the repeat offenders on a local facebook page,along with others who posted about them and how they need stopping. They must've read the posts and they replied by showing pictures of themselves smoking cannabis joints while driving (till the 'admin' saw them and removed them)....such is their arrogance! One of them drives around town (screeching tyres,popping exhaust and stuff) in a beat up 2003 VW Golf and you can smell the weed as the car zooms by!

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Years ago it was an offence to have an exhaust that made a lot of noise
It probably still is. But it's no longer good enough for a Police Officer to prove that it's "loud" simply by listening to it and then going to court and saying that in his opinion, the exhaust was noisy. My experience is 20 years out of date now, but I would imagine that in these modern days of "justice", a Police Officer will probably have to employ the services of some independent expert witness armed with noise measuring equipment to prove that these annoying selfish boy racer types have actually broken the law. Expert witnesses cost money, create even more paperwork, and take time to turn up. Just another hassle the operational Police Officer at the sharp end can do without, so they turn a deaf ear.....

Top Bottom