Sex this up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
8-cars-that-were-unexpectedly-well-suited-for-racing-1476934433713.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
Remove the rack, mudguards and change the grips. Stick some less slick tyres on and away you go.

Lose the rack and guards and fit tan walled tyres and leather coloured grips. Have a look at the Focus Mare AX which looks nice in a silver/tan colour scheme.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Lose the rack
Nooooooooooooooo!!!

If it's not a race bike or a pretend race bike leave the rack. They are just so bloody handy, they make a bike into a practical vehicle. No pockets bulging with bits and pieces trying to drag your jersey onto the back tyre and no poncey little seatpack so crammed full of stuff that you can't actually remove anything.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Paint it the same colour as the garage door and apply Bianchi stickers.

Vegan1

I'd say in order of importance:-

Take the valve caps off, take the bell off, take the mudguards off, take the rack off, put a flat bar on, get rid of the ergonomic grips, get rid of any reflectors. Trim down the brake and gear cables they are too long, Chainguard? If so remove, go clipless, remove the pump this goes in your bag or jersey, get some wheels with a smaller spoke count which are laced radially and fit some slicker tyres. Both QR should be horizontal facing backwards.

Last edited:

Vegan1

No it doesn't. I know it's you as you make it move at insane speed, then I think, It's skolly.

You can't make a Utility bike Sexy.

Unless:-

View attachment 357075

You think Marin bikes are sexy?

But then again I'd understand why, you cannot beat that classy hardtail 90's look. I saw a Cannondale the other day which looked mid 90's, full XT group, very nice.

Top Bottom