Sex this up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

That looks much better.

Next step - get rid of the excess cable length off the front end.. There's far too much

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Bizarrely, my Traffic 1.0 looks hard/sexy with the rack & guards IMO.

No it doesn't. I know it's you as you make it move at insane speed, then I think, It's skolly.

You can't make a Utility bike Sexy.
I think what you are trying to say is that it is me and me alone that makes my bikes sexy.
I'd say in order of importance:-

Take the valve caps off, take the bell off, take the mudguards off, take the rack off, put a flat bar on, get rid of the ergonomic grips, get rid of any reflectors. Trim down the brake and gear cables they are too long, Chainguard? If so remove, go clipless, remove the pump this goes in your bag or jersey, get some wheels with a smaller spoke count which are laced radially and fit some slicker tyres. Both QR should be horizontal facing backwards.
You do talk some utter ballcocks! Dust caps, pump, Q/Rs!!! Valve dust caps must always be present. Pump should be on the bike or in the pannier. Q/Rs should only face up the forks and dissect the the rear triangle or face along the chain stays. It sounds like you have read a misguided cycling rule book and accepted this as gospel regardless of reason.

@ChrisV I think I have worked out why your bike looked so goofey. The pannier rack is sat far too high above the rear wheel and makes the whole bike look like an awkward, gangly teenager that is not quite comfortable with their growing body. I fitted a rack intended for a 26" wheeled MTBs to my Traffic and it sits nicely with just enough clearance for mud guards.

Vegan1

I think what you are trying to say is that it is me and me alone that makes my bikes sexy.
You do talk some utter ballcocks! Dust caps, pump, Q/Rs!!! Valve dust caps must always be present. Pump should be on the bike or in the pannier. Q/Rs should only face up the forks and dissect the the rear triangle or face along the chain stays. It sounds like you have read a misguided cycling rule book and accepted this as gospel regardless of reason.

@ChrisV I think I have worked out why your bike looked so goofey. The pannier rack is sat far too high above the rear wheel and makes the whole bike look like an awkward, gangly teenager that is not quite comfortable with their growing body. I fitted a rack intended for a 26" wheeled MTBs to my Traffic and it sits nicely with just enough clearance for mud guards.

It's a sure fire way of telling a cyclist from one who merely pretends to be one - if they have dust caps on the bike. And a pump should never ever be attached to the frame, you are trying to sex the bike up by ruining it's lines and artistry by attaching a pump to the frame? You're a philistine if you are.

RE: Cycling rule book - and what's your excuse?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's a sure fire way of telling a cyclist from one who merely pretends to be one - if they have dust caps on the bike. And a pump should never ever be attached to the frame, you are trying to sex the bike up by ruining it's lines and artistry by attaching a pump to the frame? You're a philistine if you are.

RE: Cycling rule book - and what's your excuse?
Yet your 'tarmac' xx( looks great on a roofrack, grow up boy and get some mileage in on a real bike. :bicycle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@ChrisV - GT's aren't meant to be 'sexed up'. My 1990 Timberline, which I regret selling, was 'done up' by the previous owner with Hammerite (green) and Humbrol (red) on a grey frame and he messed it up. Leave as it, let it get dirty, and enjoy.

My 12yo said that after a nuclear war there'd be cockroaches, Saab's and old GT mountain bikes.

$_57.jpg

Top Bottom