sh*t spreaders..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out riding today and was part way through the few miles on a small country B-road; saw a tractor in the middle of the road spraying crap all over his fields. I slowed down (but kept riding) expecting him to turn off the hose; however, he kept blasting away (presumably because the hose was pointing away over the hedge). You can see what's coming can't you?...Yes, shoot vapor flew backwards on the wind all over..ME.

Needless to say I informed him that he clearly saw me and should have turned it off because even though the hose was pointing away, the vapor drifts back! He grunted something back that roughly resembled "oh" and carried on flinging shoot! Charming eh?

A nice ride though despite the shoot hitting the triban (See what I did there ;)).

Thought i'd share so you can all have a nice Friday afternoon laugh..In retrospect; I have to laugh...seems the best way. On the plus side, the sun was shining. Both my bike and me and my clothes have had a good wash/shower and I no longer stink of shoot...hurrahhh.

C

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

P.s before anyone says "You should have stopped"...By the time I realized he wasn't going to turn it off it was too late.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Yes. I had a chuckle over that. I bet you thought to yourself,"Oh dear" or words to that effect.
Of course you should have turned around before you got to him and taken the turning further back and done the 25 mile detour ^_^
Smell you later.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Yes. I had a chuckle over that. I bet you thought to yourself,"Oh dear" or words to that effect.
Of course you should have turned around before you got to him and taken the turning further back and done the 25 mile detour ^_^
Smell you later.

:laugh:- Yes, let's go with "oh dear"...quite frankly, I'd probably have taken the 25mile detour route over riding around him and getting sprayed.

Ah well..it was sunny, low winds, quiet roads, warm and I felt good (despite the smell); can't have everything can we!

C

tadpole

Wash your bidons carefully.xx( (how could you no notice a herking great rotospreader?) :rolleyes: the smell a lone would be felt from miles away

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

It wasn't one of those massive spreaders, Just like a normal tractor with a fireman's sized hose spreading. The main issue was expecting him to shut the pump off; a lessen I shall not make again! :laugh:

Bidons have had a good go with sterilizing fluid :tongue:

C

tyred

Legendary Member
Too wet to take heavy machinery into the field, I've never really approved of spreading slurry over a hedge like this. It ends up everywhere except in the field where it's supposed to be.

Top Bottom