SHARP smart TV`s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Even though it is only a month old I would get great satisfaction from dropping it from a great height onto a solid surface!!
They don't implode any more.

A month is nothing. Follow Sharkey's advice and take it back. Personally, based on what you've said I'd class it as "not fit for the purpose for which it was intended".

The fact you haven't kept the packing on such a large item shouldn't be a problem.

vickster

Legendary Member
Even though it is only a month old I would get great satisfaction from dropping it from a great height onto a solid surface!!
Try to return it. You have a receipt. It’s under warranty. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have the box

Levo-Lon

Guru
I will be going and having a word tomorrow morning, armed with receipt....

You should be fine as it's only a month old.

I took back several TVs in November as they were horrible.

I now have 2 identical LG TVs around 400 each, still cheap but not a cheap TV.

Picture quality is excellent,no flicker or poor picture from side angle you get with cheap led TVs.

My camera on the other hand :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sharp have always been a cr@p brand. Buy one of the big names from a reputable store with a solid customer satisfaction reputation.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
LG or Samsung all the way.
Yep. Got one of each. Touch wood, they have both been great.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've a £300 41" LG in the living room. Could be a 43" actually. No idea.
It's an upgrade from the £270 Hitachi pos I had that mum bollixed when she stood on the hdmi cables while they were still in the TV socket :headshake:Women! :laugh:
Faster 'smart' stuff, better sound, hugely much better picture.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It really is a minefield now with TVs, but in general i think you get what you pay for. For a 43 inch, if you pay less than £400 you'll be getting an ok picture but a rubbish processor. Mine was a Tesco one (Digihome?). Picture and sound are great but freeview play and all the smart stuff is so bad it's unusable. So i got them to refund me 25 quid and I bought a firestick. For me that's the most efficient way of getting good smart functions without paying the Earth

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have a very old Toshiba which gives Freeview on an indoor set top type aerial. Cannot remember when we got it but must be about 15 years ago at least, mebbe even 20.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just a thought when I fitted a splitter to to enable a TV in the dining room I found I needed an aerial signal booster on the second TV. Used to get them from Maplins back in the day when we had high street shops!
How did your TV's decide which was first and second?

Top Bottom