Shaving Tip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Real men grow beards.

I did after one attempt at emulating Desperate Dan's facial depilation method

72763d1309902997-how-cut-yourself-desperatedan.jpg

With this 18" high model of blowlamp:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mach 3's here too ,the wife says the stubble rash on her thi..never mind..there a good shave

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I've thought about a safety razor pretty much every time I've had to buy a pack of Mach 3s but two things put me off:

1) Amazon always recommends adding Alum to your purchase and,
2) There's a reason why millions of men switched overnight to cartridge razors.

U

User6179

Instead of buying a pack of 25 disposable razors from the 99p shop stick a sanding wheel in a Black & Decker instead. You'll get a closer shave and it won't tear as many lumps out of your skin.

Alternatively rub your face on the gable end of your house ^_^

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've thought about a safety razor pretty much every time I've had to buy a pack of Mach 3s but two things put me off:

Marketing.....
Buy a decent double edge razor and some blades.... You'll save yourself a fortune and have a much closer shave.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

1) Amazon always recommends adding Alum to your purchase and,

Alum is great, it's the best thing for razor burn. I bought a bloc alum years ago and it'll probably last until I die.

osma-75gr.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Get a proper heavy brass safety razor. I had an old one which I lost, then used various patent double blade things for years, then fairly recently bought an Edwin jagger chromed brass safety razor and some blades. The razor itself was twenty odd quid, but the blades are very cheap indeed. Rarely cut myself, and get a good shave every time. The good quality heavy razor holds the thin blades securely, so like a good wood-plane, it all then just works. No need to fall for all the "men's grooming" lotions and potions and other shyte that Mr Jagger sells; just get the razor & some blades. I'll never go back to quarto-turbo-super-patent bollocks.

One hint for the tightwads amongst us - if the blade goes blunt, you can turn it over and keep using it.
For the hard of thinking - this only works the once for a given blade

Top Bottom