Shaving Tip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgl5gjr

I've had an Edwin Jagger Double Edge for 3 years now...... fed up being ripped off for £2.75 a cartridge from Gilletingson ..... Only used 10 blades in 3 years...
Like Profpointy says don't get stung by Mr Jaggers add ons.... go to Morrisons and pick up some shaving oil at £1.00 a bottle.... wash face first...apply 4 drops of oils to you face and shave..... best shave you will ever have.... even get 10 blades for a |£1 or so .... yep a smooth chinned tightwad...that's me

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Edwin Jagger DE89 (Beginner) £22 http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk...Edwin-Jagger-DE-Razor-Chrome-Plated-DE89.html

Sample pack of blades £4 to £15 http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html

Brush £10 to £25 - your choice, read the reviews, plenty about.

Soap £ pennys to expensive. I like trufit and hill, but have used gels too when in a bind.

I had good results with the DE89, but now use a muhle R41 with an open comb, its a bit more aggressive and usually requires one less pass then the r89.

DE blades are dirt cheap. I recommend Gillette yellows as the best value/ quality blade, with Gillette 7 o`clock blacks as the be

Last edited:
Alum is great, it's the best thing for razor burn. I bought a bloc alum years ago and it'll probably last until I die.

osma-75gr.jpg
Unless you drop it. Then it shatters into a billion pieces.
I use one shaped like a deodorant stick in a plastic holder now. It's a bit more resistant to drops.

...tried the EJ sandalwood soap - nice spell but no lather......pretty useless really. Using a stick of Erasmic right now - smells good and works good. Will use stick of Palmolive next - bit of variety. EJ razors and brushes are top notch, and seem like a great company to deal with. Have 2 sets, one lightweight for traveling, and another set for domestic use. One of only a few possessions I have that are 'made in England'. Give Feather blades a go if you can get them, regarded as the sharpest available, so maybe not for a beginner. Derby are also good, but Feather are the dogs dangly bits for sure.........

Top Bottom