Shed talk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
A place for all things shed related.

Me and @Hill Wimp have just had our small but beautifully formed courtyard garden refurbed including a workshop shed and a BBQ/outdoor cooking stuff shed.

Currently insulating and lining the workshop shed.

Feeling very manly.

View attachment 492294

View attachment 492296

View attachment 492297

Stunning job, paving looks fantastic, i used to see so many jobs using nice stuff done badly.

That shed will be lovely when you are a naughty boy:laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

It's too small, no matter how big it is it'll be too small

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I cleaned mine out a few weeks ago. It's about 7" x 11" and there was a LOT of junk, some left by the previous resident. I need to re-felt it next year. Have also upgraded the security as there have been a lot of shed and garage break-ins round here.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sadly, I don't have a shed (or anywhere to put it) at my main place of residence in the town but, I do have one at the "summer" cottage. :becool:

View attachment 492353

The keen-eyed among you may see it's listing to the left. Over the years it's has been used as a wood store, general storage space and outside toilet (of the deep hole variety). I think the shed is slowly being swallowed by the toilet. But, hey, it's still a shed (and I've always wanted a shed). Just of the country - not townie - variety. ^_^
You very rarely see a lean-to lean too!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
My new hasp and staple fitting didn't go so well. It's a 2kg monster with plates to reinforce the inside too. Unfortunately the bolts are 10mm too short to get the plates, nuts and washers on. Fitted without the plates for now, and 60mm bolts ordered.

The hinges could probably do with the odd coach bolt in them but they are fitted with decent long security screws to thwart the average junkie with a screwdriver.

tom73

Guru
If you practice a lot you will eventually hit it :okay:
That's the thing one day I did with a lump hammer hence no more shed. :laugh:

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Found a little piece of wooden dowel in the Crypt Of Crap (an old kitchen cabinet in the garage once used for tools but now just full of random bits) which will be ideal for plugging the holes left by the old lock. If I have a 10mm wood drill.

keithmac

Guru
I've got a 4x3m "workshop" and built a wooden shed for the Lay-z-Spa (to be fair the family have used it loads over summer.

I have a smaller shed at the back too.

Needless to say they are all full and I need more room!.

Fancy converting our loft but it's full as well..

20190227_164243.jpg

20190122_112319.jpg

Top Bottom