sherlock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The whole thing was completely ruined by Amanda Abbington's smug, knowing monologue at the end, both self-satisfied and superficial delivery of it, and the choice of her character to deliver what was essentially the kind of homespun, soft, banal summary message that a million dumb viewers with pretensions of critical faculty would trot out around a pub table, or the next day at work, which conflicted irreconcilably for me with the ex-SAS/CIA ruthless mercenary rogue which she was actually revealed to be.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Last one was a load of nonsense, far too much humanity and shite, and all that Boys of Baker Street bollocks and them running out for the final shot. All very disappointing.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think this is a very BBC thing, some 'wants to make a name for themselves' writer says 'let's do something radical' when faced with a well liked and successful show, 'you know, keep it fresh'. Well, we don't want it, so shove your sideways look at stuff up your Jackson.

Sherlock and Dr Who are in the same category as Moonlighting,Twin Peaks and Ally McBeal.
They started off well but then lost the farking plot .
Load of old cock if you ask me .

Which you didn't.

gavgav

Guru
I wasn't sure about the first episode of series 4 but the second was better and I thought the finale was absolutely superb!

Have never watched the previous series, curiosity got the better of me so watched the most recent. Didn't do anything at all for me I'm afraid. Reminded me of an 80's pop video, lots of flashy images and lots of showing off, but in the end I couldn't care less. I guess I'm more of a Five O sort of guy.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
There's always.....

UxOC5qcGd8NTJlNDAzODg5MjY2ZTNlZGQ5ODE0NTU2NDg2OWM2NmQ5YmU2NThiYzc2MzU2NDhhZmIwM2ViYmUyYmU0NmE4MQ.jpg

;)

I'd seen a few but my sister got me the set for Christmas. Very pleased indeed.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
What exactly is an adult concept?

Don't know, sounds exciting.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Have never watched the previous series, curiosity got the better of me so watched the most recent. Didn't do anything at all for me I'm afraid. Reminded me of an 80's pop video, lots of flashy images and lots of showing off, but in the end I couldn't care less. I guess I'm more of a Five O sort of guy.
the first couple of series were great... just Holmes and Watson and a case, cleverly set in modern times. Now it's 'cleverly' set somewhere up Gatiss's arse.

I've downloaded the finale but think I'll just delete it without watching, the first two were bad enough.

Mrs M

Guru
Watched it before and though it was a bit different but enjoyed it.
Though this series was rubbish though.
Didn't bother watching the finale.
:headshake:

Top Bottom